What happens to the doccuments when you uninstall the Office 2010 Beta click to Run program in Vista OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DocTrekker

I'm using a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC with VISTA OS. The program Office 2007 Student trial came with it too. It since has expired and prompts to be converted to a full program, this option won't let me, it doesn't work?? The program doesn't uninstall using the "add and remove" program either? I downloaded the Office Word 2010 Beta Click to Run Program. This ran for a while but now has stopped too?? It won't open, there's a popup that prompts to use the control pannel to "repair" it but that option isn't there? Only the uninstall part. I'm concerned to do this as I don't want to loose the doccuments that are there. I really need to get into my doccuments and be able to change then as I need too but once again the program won't function?

If this program gets deleted what will happen to the doccuments?

Anyone out there able to help me with this?

Thanks.

C

coreyferrill

install open office its free and you can still read and edit your documents

my 2010 beta eneded too and it deleted the 2007 that i did have installed

i'm still trying to get it back

D

DocTrekker

How did it delete the Office 2007? I wish it did that for me!! I for one have been trying to have the Office 2007 removed from my PC but too no avail?? Not even the 'Add and remove program" delets it?? The pop up I get states there's an installation error and I need to reinstall it using what ever medium it came in, be it a CD or otherwise. The only problem is the Office 2007 was a preinstalled program and it was only a trial?? Now it asks to be "converted", yet that option seams to be malfunctioning too!!?? Does this garbage ever end?? So now I can't even edit any of the documents I have in 'Word', hence my downloading the 'Beta 2010 Word'... as I said before, it's defunked too!??

I'll try this 'open Office' you suggest, free is good too!! And will let you know what happens! Thanks so much.

J

JRosenfeld

Your documents will not be deleted if you uninstall the program that created them (their icons may change as their association with the uninstalled (now absent program) will no longer be there, and you will need to install some suitable program that can open them to gain access (Word documents can be opened in Wordpad, though depending on the version of Word used to create them not all formatting or features may show properly).

For removal of programs that don't uninstall from add/remove (or indeed for any installed program), try Revo uninstaller:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

<DocTrekker> wrote in message news:536ff2d8-cab8-43cc-bbac-8e1d56bc5970@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I'm using a HP Pavillion Entertainment PC with VISTA OS. The program Office 2007 Student trial came with it too. It since has expired and prompts to be converted to a full program, this option won't let me, it doesn't work?? The program doesn't uninstall using the "add and remove" program either? I downloaded the Office Word 2010 Beta Click to Run Program. This ran for a while but now has stopped too?? It won't open, there's a popup that prompts to use the control pannel to "repair" it but that option isn't there? Only the uninstall part. I'm concerned to do this as I don't want to loose the doccuments that are there. I really need to get into my doccuments and be able to change then as I need too but once again the program won't function?
If this program gets deleted what will happen to the doccuments?
Anyone out there able to help me with this?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Change POP account to Forwarder - What happens in Outlook? Using Outlook 2
C What exactly happens when you reach the DB size limit? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
J Nothing happens after clicking on the link in my emails Using Outlook 3
G What event happens when you open 2 copies of your inbox? Using Outlook 5
W Nothing happens when using the Archive Using Outlook 3
D Outlook will not import backup copy of contacts. I have tried file-import-etc. but nothing happens. Using Outlook 3
X What happens to the mailbox when you delete a user from AD Exchange Server Administration 3
T push "send/receive all folders" and nothing happens, check "Show progress" and it's empty. Using Outlook 10
K Outlook 2007: Nothing happens when searching PST file Using Outlook 0
B Delete or Move from a Search Result - Nothing Happens Using Outlook 2
V What happens when "Resource" recipients are put in To/cc boxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Office 365 - Online Repair vs. Uninstall Reinstall Using Outlook 1
S How to uninstall Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky How to Uninstall Outlook from an Office Installation New Slipstick.com Articles 0
R How to Uninstall Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
A Uninstall Click and Run Exchange Server Administration 2
D How to uninstall Office 2010 beta if C2R does not work? Using Outlook 0
V Uninstall ONLY Exchange 2010 but leave Exchange 2003 server in place - Public Folders Question Exchange Server Administration 5
S Can 2010 delete PSTs upon uninstall? Using Outlook 1
R cannot uninstall EX2003 after transition to EX2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
T Cas server uninstall failed... Now how to reinstall? Exchange Server Administration 4
L need to install Office 2010 without click-to-run or uninstall after fully installed. Using Outlook 1
S Uninstall exchange 2010 completely after install failed to work. Exchange Server Administration 6
M On an Uninstall / Reinstall of Office Professional Plus 2010 Com Add-ins are missing / disabled, Doe Using Outlook 1
B Having trouble with an Outlook Profile. Can I uninstall Outlook 2010 and install it again? Using Outlook 11
S Outlook Hotmail Connector not letting me uninstall. Using Outlook 6
A I can't uninstall Office 2010 Beta! Help please! Using Outlook 1
I Unable to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 beta Using Outlook 1
J How to uninstall Exchange 2003 in Exchange 2010 co-exist environment - Error: Recipient Update Servi Exchange Server Administration 4
S Re: Uninstall Microsoft Office Beta Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 appears broken after Office 2010 uninstall: problem with MAPI and mspst.dll Using Outlook 6
M Uninstall Microsoft Office Beta Using Outlook 1
M Can't uninstall expired Microsoft office 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Post 2010 Migration Public Folder Issues - MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable after Uninstall of Exchan Exchange Server Administration 4
C 2010 exchanage manual uninstall Exchange Server Administration 4
T uninstall microsoft office 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
W Uninstall MS Office 2010 Beta Professional Using Outlook 2
P Uninstall Exchange 2010 SP1 on UM Exchange Server Administration 1
J Problem uninstall Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 10
M RE: how do I uninstall business contact manager? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Uninstall exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
T Calendar Printing Assistant Crashes - Cannot Uninstall Calendar Printing Assistant 8
J can't uninstall office 2007 Using Outlook 6