Upload a CSV file, created from a BCP command into Outlook calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

victoria61485

Hello,

I am running a bcp command out of a SQL Database and dumping the data in a CSV file. I am then trying to upload the data to the Calendar in MS Outlook. I go through the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook to upload the data. I choose Import from another file àComma Separated Values(Windows) and then I get an error message that says that there was an error in the comma separated values(windows) translator while initializing a translator to build a field map. I have exported the calendar out of Outlook to a CSV file and copied and pasted the field names in the Outlook csv file to the bcp csv file. When I did this the file is imported to Outlook just fine. I have also copied the field names from the Outlook csv file, into the bcp command and it sill produces a csv file that will not upload into Outlook. Is there something that I am missing? Here is the bcp command:

BCP "SELECT 'Subject', 'Start Date', 'Start Time', 'End Date', 'End Time', 'All day event', 'Reminder on/off', 'Reminder Date', 'Reminder Time', 'Meeting Organizer', 'Required Attendees', 'Optional Attendees', 'Meeting Resources', 'Billing Information', 'Categories', 'Description', 'Location', 'Mileage', 'Priority', 'Private', 'Sensitivity', 'Show time as' UNION ALL SELECT [CPT].[Short_Desc]+' '+[vw_Schedule].[Notes], CONVERT(CHAR(8), [vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm],1), CONVERT(CHAR(8), [vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm],8), CONVERT(CHAR(8), [vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm],1), CONVERT(varchar(8),DATEADD(n,([vw_Schedule].[Duration_time]/6000),DATEADD(dd,-DATEDIFF(dd,0,[vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm]),[vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm])),108), 'FALSE' as [All day event], 'FALSE' as [Reminder on/off], CONVERT(CHAR(8), [vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm],1), CONVERT(CHAR(8), [vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm],8), [vw_Schedule].[STF_INITIALS], '' as [Required Attendees], '' as [Optional Attendees], '' as [Meeting Resources], '' as [Billing Information], '' as [Categories], [vw_Schedule].[Activity], [vw_Schedule].[LOC_INITIALS], '' as [Mileage], '' as [Priority], '' as [Private], '' as [Sensitivity], '' as [Show time as] FROM [MOSAIQ].[dbo].[vw_Schedule] [vw_Schedule] LEFT OUTER JOIN [MOSAIQ].[dbo].[CPT] [CPT] ON [vw_Schedule].[Activity]=[CPT].[Hsp_Code] WHERE [vw_Schedule].[STF_INITIALS] <> '' and CONVERT( Varchar(12), [vw_Schedule].[App_DtTm],1) = CONVERT( Varchar(12), GetDate(),1) AND ([vw_Schedule].[Activity]='CONSULT' OR [vw_Schedule].[Activity]='MTG' OR [vw_Schedule].[Activity]='VAC')" queryout C:\Scheduletext.csv -c -t, -SMosaiqreports -T

J

Jahawk

Hi,

What version of SQL and what version of Outlook? What kind of database are you pulling from? --CRM? BCM?

Anyways, if I had to make a quess I would say that your bcp command is not mapping the fields properly or it's doing something in the formatting that will cause a failure when imported.

What's the exact error you receive when running the import?

Are you able to create working CSV file by limiting what you're runniing from the bcp command? For instance, if you create a CSV for single instance Appointments that has just Subject, Location, Start and End date\times?

Would you please send me a copy of your CSV, so I can try to repro on my end? You can send to CTS-Jahawk@live.com.

Thanks!

Jahawk MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
M Emails Wont Upload to from MS Outlook 2010 to Server Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
J upload my outlook files Using Outlook 1
A Need to upload Pic in Microsoft Outlook... Can anyone suggest How? Using Outlook 1
T Upload ReadAhead size Exchange Server Administration 1
1 I keep receiving synchronisation error messages when trying to upload my e-mails from windowslive onto outlook. (have received 1465 error alerts! Using Outlook 1
S can not upload pics into any office programs Using Outlook 4
P Can't upload a calendar to office.com. Keeps saying upload failed. Using Outlook 2
A Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
T exporting contacts names reversed in CSV file Using Outlook 8
A Pivot Table to CSV File - VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
R Correct a wrong csv export file from WLM 2012 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Outlook 2013/365 won't export 99% of my contacts to csv Using Outlook 2
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
LarryH Importing csv file to custom form/fields? Using Outlook 3
O Importing contacts from CSV, comma delimited Using Outlook 7
wallisellener BCM 2013 importing contacts from CSV file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
B BCM 2010: Exporting Notes to .CSV with Business Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E Macro to export BCM business data to CSV file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Export selected contacts to a .csv Using Outlook 2
M Error Messages when exporting Outlook 2010 Contacts to a CSV (DOS) or Excel Using Outlook 2
L Cannot sync Calendar to iphone. Cannot export to CSV. Cannot view as Table. Using Outlook 3
K Importing CSV contacts- doesnt allow me to map or move forward V 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003, Export to CSV, "Export From' blank Using Outlook 5
N Import Contacts Excel CSV File into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
N Unable to import .csv data into custom form Using Outlook 2
N When I try to import a large CSV from Excel to an Outlook folder, the program crashes... Every time. Using Outlook 2
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
C mailbox contacts to csv Exchange Server Administration 6
K How do I save my outlook calendar to a csv format if the only choice i am given when trying to export it is ics? Using Outlook 1
N Export contacts to .csv to import into Hotmail Using Outlook 15
G Exporting Microsoft Outlook Contacts as CSV file Using Outlook 4
V Import a CSV file into Outlook calendar Using Outlook 1
N Re: Exporting Outlook contacts via a CSV file into Hotmail Using Outlook 3
O Export emails to .csv files retaining Outlook categories and attachments Using Outlook 6
J A file error has occurred in the CSV translator while initializing a translator to build a field map Using Outlook 3
J CSV Import to contacts won't continue... Using Outlook 3
C Cannot export contacts as CSV - translator error Using Outlook 3
H Exchange 2010 CSV attachment show as body text instead of Attachment Exchange Server Administration 2
L Outlook won't let me import data from Excel or CSV. Using Outlook 4
T I am trying to export my contacts to a csv to put on my smartphone. Using Outlook 2