Outlook 2010 Windows 7 - multiple exchange accounts - asking for wrong credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BusinessPA

Hi guys :D I work within Windows 7 64bit with Outlook 2010 and have a number of profiles holding single mailbox accounts and one profile holding multiple mailbox accounts. My issue is that no matter which profile I log into to I get a mixture of credential security windows asking for login details. So I might get the prompt for one exchange account but with the email address for another exchange account as the username.

I have to flick between the multiple profile account and the individual ones as some clients work heavily with categories and the public folders take the category list from the main account within the profile. All very confusing but I've got my head round it except for the annoying login requests.

I'm pretty much an Office power user but I'm not the server administrator so can't access that. I've been into Credentials and deleted everything related that is saved under Windows and Generic Credentials but I'm still getting prompted for the wrong accounts.

Incidentally, everything was working fine within the multiple profile account until I had to create the accounts as individuals as well.

Any ideas very much appreciated :D

J

Jahawk

Hi,

Are you seeing the credentials prompt when you launch Outlook 2010? And are you saying that the cred dialog box contains the last logged in account you did, which means you have to type in the different username?

Sorry to make you repeat yourself, but here's what I took from your post:

1. Open Outlook in Profile #1 for User1@domain.com ---Get prompted for username\password. Enter and go into Outlook.

2. Close Outlook

3. Open Outlook in Profile #2 for User2@domain.com --Get prompted for username\password, but noticing that User1's pre-populated in the credentials dialog. You have to type in User2's username\password and then proceed into Outlook.

Is this what you are asking about?

What would you like to see happen?

Thanks and take care,

Jahawk MSFT

M

McMalakai

I need to reply to this because it has been driving me nuts.

First off, to what Jahawk was saying, you can teach each profile to default to the correct username/password. But, what fails, is when you have multiple Exchange mailboxes in one profile.

I happen to have three exchange mailboxes, each on their own domain, but each served from the same exchange server. That may be the issue with the bug, behind the scenes all three communicate via HTTP/RPC to the same front-end. But internally they are bound to three different domains.

Each time I open Outlook 2010 on win7 x64, I get prompted for passwords.

So, I have three accounts: frank@oconnors.org, foconnor@digitalsolutionsllc.net, frank@hydragroup.net. Each of these accounts are tied to their own domain account. I use UPN syntax to log in to each.

First account in my inbox is " frank@oconnors.org" . I get prompted with the Authentication tiles connect dialog box, it says:

" Connecting to frank@oconnors.org"

Two authentication tiles are listed:

1. frank@hydragroup.net, no password.

2. Use another account.

It just so happens " frank@hydragroup.net" is the last one I fill out each time, so it's the first one offered.

So I fill out " use another account" and put in my frank@oconnors.org credentials, and choose to Remeber Credentials.

Immediately, after hitting OK, I get a new prompt, its:

" Connecting to foconnor@digitalsolutionsllc.net"

It offers:

1. frank@hydragroup.net, no password.

2. Use another account.

I choose to 2, and put in my digitalsolutions info. I ask it to remeber my credentials.

Now, it'll bring up my inbox's. It does not ask me for credentials to my HydraGroup account, because that happens to be the one I entered last time I used outlook.

Now, if i close outlook, and re-open it, It will default to " foconnor@digitalsolutionsllc.net" as the default crednetials it stored. Meaning I'll have to fill out the authentication dialog for oconnors.org and now hydragroup.net

Basically, it remebers the last credential entered as valid for the whole profile. My guess is this is because my exchange server 'name' is the same for all three. It needs to store the credentials indexed by the email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 won't send on Windows 8 Using Outlook 2
Michael Chiasson PST file shows 300+MB in Windows Explorer, but only 250kb in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K Unable to activate QueryBuilder in Outlook 2010 (32bit) with Windows 7 (64bit) Using Outlook 1
L Suggested contacts are not retained after exiting Outlook 2010; Windows 8.1 Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2007 vs Outlook 2010 on Windows 8 Using Outlook 18
J Multiple users on Outlook 2010 with one Windows login - privacy? Using Outlook 4
H Importing Windows Live Mail Contact into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
Y Moving outlook data/profile from windows 2010 to mac 2011 Using Outlook 3
J How-to setup Outlook 2010, Windows 7-32bit, iPhone (so they work and play tog. Using Outlook 3
C migrating from Windows Live Mail over to Outlook 2010 Problems ... Using Outlook 2
O Rescheduling appointment on Outlook 2010 for Windows creates duplicate entry Using Outlook 2
G finding Outlook 2010 pst in Windows XP Using Outlook 2
C Open multiple instances of Outlook 2010 in Windows 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, Windows 7 Using Outlook 2
W To stop outlook 2010 to open my browser at file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 hyperlink blocked in Windows 7 Home Premium Using Outlook 2
A outlook 2010, windows 7, exchange server: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Micro Using Outlook 1
R importing windows live contacts into outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T Can't receive or send e-mail in Outlook after downloading latest Windows updates on Tuesday, 14 Dec 2010, at 6:00 pm. Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 x32 on Windows 7 x32 - No signature editing capability / No font & stationary editing c Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 with BCM - Database Connection problems using Windows 7 Clients Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 - email windows not showing any content Using Outlook 1
J Import Outlook Contacts and Calendar from XP Home to Windows 7 Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 slow adding attachments Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010 & windows 7 - WILL NOT SAVE emails on the server. Using Outlook 1
O issues with outlook 2010 - windows 7 Using Outlook 1
J Windows Live Mail Not Syncing With GoDaddy IMAP Email Account, Will Outlook 2010 Be Any Better? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 14 lose contact with our exchange server 2010 after Windows 7 have been in power save mode. Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open Outlook 2010 Student, operating system Windows XP Using Outlook 6
R Re: Outlook 2010 (Windows 7) - 'Choose Profile' pop-up continues to appear despite clicking 'Set as default profile' Using Outlook 1
S 0x00040820 - Errors in Background Synchronisation, with Outlook 2010 and Windows Live email account Using Outlook 3
K New Outlook 2010, Windows 7 syncing with Yahoo.pop.mail. Using Outlook 2
B Export from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail fails to copy to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
S Not Receiving Mails - Outlook 2010 - OS-Windows 7 Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Windows XP Mail index error Using Outlook 2
B synchronizing error with windows 7 and office outlook 2010. error 4102 Using Outlook 2
V Re: I can send but not receive emails in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Using Outlook 2
V I can send but not receive emails in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Using Outlook 2
C Transfered Outlook 2010 from xp to Windows 7 PC Using Outlook 2
K Problems with Exchange 2010, Outlook 2010, Windows XP SP3 ... Loading Profile Exchange Server Administration 4
D Can I import my archived mac emails and address book to outlook 2010 on my windows pc? Using Outlook 2
A Outlook Exchange with Windows 7 & MS Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
S Import Windows Mail to Outlook 2010 fails to import emails after 17Aug2010 Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2010 won't re-open (or rather, never really closes) in Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook with BCM 2010 and Windows Mobile will not sync contacts separately Using Outlook 1
G outlook 2010 won't open in windows 7 Using Outlook 6
B Cannot configure email in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 & Windows Lock/Switch USer functions Using Outlook 1
A windows not detecting outlook pro 2010 64 bit as the default mail program Using Outlook 1