Microsoft Outlook 2003 'Send/Receive' Issue

• Thread starter JTC1985 -- MCSE - RHCE - CCNA
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JTC1985 -- MCSE - RHCE - CCNA

While in Microsoft Outlook 2003, I'm receiving the following dialog box when I click on "Send/Receive" email:
Enter Network Password Please type your user name and password Server: User Name: Password: Save this password in your password list

After entering the necessary details & clicking on "save this password in your password list", I click OK. But the dialog box again pops up asking to re-enter the details. I've to do this repeatedly; the details are not being accepted any time.

When I click CANCEL, I get the following error:
"0x800CCC92: Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password [...]. The server responded: -ERR invalid userID/password."

The following tasks though, are completed successfully:
Establish network connection Find outgoing mail server (SMTP) Find incoming mail server (POP3)

I've verified the account information on Windows Server 2003 & Exchange Server 2003 used by the company. All details are correct. I'm able to send/receive emails of other users in the same company. But I can't use this particular email account.

I've tried the following but to no avail:
Disabled firewall & anti-virus both on the client (running Windows XP SP3) & the server. Deleted the existing .pst file (it was over 1.3GB) after backing up & created a new one. Cleared all cookies on the client. Verified all necessary account information. POP3 & SMTP server informations are all correct & work smoothly.

I've already referred to the following but none of these articles solve the problem:
Microsoft Knowledge Base Microsoft Forums Microsoft Help and Support Various other articles related to 0x800CCC92

Is there any registry fix to this problem or should I upgrade to Outlook 2007/2010?

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

From your description , I understand that you got the error code 0x800CCC92 during your sending/receiving.

Enable diagnostic logging to see what's happening in Outlook when you connect.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479/en-us
Sounds like you didn't migrate your data properly. This particular error is often caused by trying to open a PST that is marked read-only.

Having a PST on a CD or copying it from a CD to the hard drive without removing the read-only attribute will cause it.
The first thing to do is generate the log. If you can't figure out what it's telling you, post its contents.

Sincerely,

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J I use Windows XP with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I cannot get int the Microsoft Exchange server. Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
G With my PC, running on operating system Vista SP2, I cannot synchronise Microsoft Notes (Outlook 2003 SP3) with my iphone 3GS Using Outlook 3
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
H Restore emails to Microsoft Outlook Web Access that were drawn down by Outlook 2003 - Help PLEASE! Exchange Server Administration 4
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
S Using Microsoft Outlook (2003) contact list to print envelopes in Microsoft Word Using Outlook 5
G HELP WITH ERROR MESSAGE 4201 IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2003 Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 Mail coming in late Using Outlook 2
J Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. MAPI32.dll is currupt or the wrong version Using Outlook 4
G Microsoft outlook 2003 dropping attachments to some recipents Using Outlook 1
B Microsoft Outlook 2003 - "not implemented" error message Using Outlook 2
S Microsoft Outlook 2003 is not opening after changing MSMAPI32.DLL TO MSMAPI32.OLD Using Outlook 1
S Re: Microsoft Outlook 2003 is not opening after changing MSMAPI32.DLL TO MSMAPI32.OLD Using Outlook 1
J Microsoft outlook 2010 on windows 2003 Server. Using Outlook 1
S In Microsoft Outlook 2003 I have a Adobe PDF icon, to convert emails to pdf and then save them in the correct folder/file and it is not working anymor Using Outlook 1
S In Microsoft Outlook 2003 I have a Adobe PDF icon, to convert emails to pdf and then save them in the correct folder/file and it is not working anymor Using Outlook 1
A Syncing my microsoft outlook exchange 2003 with my Verizon Incredible phone Using Outlook 3
V Unable to access Outlook 2003 - message - Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cou Using Outlook 2
K I cannot receive or send e mails for microsoft outlook version 2003. Using Outlook 1
S Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 will start correctly following installation. Using Outlook 2
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 forced upgrade Using Outlook 1
F microsoft outlook 2003 to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 sending emails with attachments Using Outlook 2
R microsoft outlook 2003. Sending emails with attachments. Using Outlook 2
H Microsoft outlook 2003 (latest sp) stalls when sending/receiving mails Using Outlook 8
J Microsoft Outlook 2003 w/ Outlook Connector error Ox8DE00006 Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2003 Connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
T error message in Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
Y MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may oc Using Outlook 2
G getting prompted for network password on Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
F installed microsoft office professional 2003. How do i disable log in in outlook? It is very annoying. Using Outlook 1
S Transfer of Microsoft Outlook 2003 Contacts to Microsoft Outlook Professional 2010 Using Outlook 1
J MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may Using Outlook 2
P Microsoft outlook 2003 wont open Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 is hanging up today on sending and receiving on both computers, locks up outlook. No problem with the internet, I use AOL email Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 not get connected to Microsoft Exchange 2003 mail server from remote in Win7 Using Outlook 1
M Deleting a email server from Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
J I want use Microsoft Outlook 2003 as my main mail application what kind of server type do i use, and how do I set it up Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2003 will not open Using Outlook 1
C Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2003 stops receiving emails from the Microsoft Online Service Exchange. Using Outlook 1
E Map icon in Outlook 2003 points to http://r.office.microsoft.com/r not directly to maps.google.com Using Outlook 3
J Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
C How do I syncronize my Outlook 2003 contacts and calendar with Hotmail.com using Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.0.4760.1000? Using Outlook 5
E Microsoft Outlook 2003 to Microsoft 2007 Using Outlook 1
M HELP! Microsoft Outlook 2003 has stopped working - what to do? Happens every time I open it. Just started happening today. Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 error-Microsoft outlook has encountered a problem Using Outlook 111
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3