Outlook 2003 can't send email and keep popping for password

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dmtb

Outlook 2003 running on winxp sp3 can't receive, but can't send emails, has remember password checked and keep popping for password every 20second. the same setting was working earlier and same password work for iphone, black berry and webmail.

any idea as soon as possible will be appreciated

Thank you

K

Kris Adolfsen

Was the user's password recently changes? Lock the PC and then unlock with the most recent password and verify that the account isn't locked out.

D

dmtb

No, nothing has recently changed as the problem is also manifesting on a second computer with outlook 2003. You can still receive and send emails through blackberry and iphone and access the online or webmail using the same username and password.

Nothing changed etither locally or on the email. recreating the account didn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Thanks

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

First, you can try to create a new Outlook profile to troubleshoot the issue. For details on how to troubleshoot, you can refer to this KB article:

Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684

If the problem persists, do a Detect/Repair on Outlook. In Outlook, click the Help menu, Detect/Repair. This will repair the installation.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

K

Kris Adolfsen

Hi dmtb,

Is the user able to function in OWA without problem?

-Kris

S

Sally Tang

Hi dmtb,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

D

dmtb

Hey Sally,

It was hard to get back to you with the holidays.

The problem was fixed using Detect/Repair functionality.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Outlook 2003 can't send, but settings seem OK Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2003 won't send emails through one router, but will through another Using Outlook 1
B How do I create and send mail in Outlook 2003 from code? Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2003 does not send or receive imap mail from server Using Outlook 0
L cannot send email from Internet Explorer in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 12
R Send / recieve Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
L I am getting error code OX800CCC78 when I try to send and email in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
B The Send/Receive button has disappeared from my toolbar in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
P send/receive in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2003 Slow to Send Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2003 won't send emails to gmail or yahoo addresses Using Outlook 2
H Getting send and receive (0x800408fc) error in outlook 2003 with windows Using Outlook 2
C Error code 0x8004210a when trying to send/receive mails in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 2010 won't send mail from 1 account, but i can send it in outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
J Microsoft Outlook 2003 'Send/Receive' Issue Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 Email Send/Receive error: The operation failed due a registry or registration problem Using Outlook 3
L I am using my gmail on my Outlook 2003. I can receive emails but I cannot send emails on my gmail account using Outlook. Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2003 can't send messages Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2003 - can't send emails. Get this message from Norton Internet Security "was unable to be Using Outlook 2
K can't send or receive email with Outlook 2003/windows xp Using Outlook 2
B Switching Access from version 2010 to 2007 or 2003 causes Outlook to no longer be able to send or receive email. Using Outlook 2
E Cannot send mail using Outlook 2003 through Hotmail. Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2003, email stuck in send mode, cannot delete Using Outlook 1
O Can't send email from outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2003 outgoing email now shows as "preparing to send..." Using Outlook 1
M I can't send emails through outlook 2003. Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2003 will ONLY send email at startup Using Outlook 1
D I am not able to send emails from outlook 2003 Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 Send to - Mail Recipient not working Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2003 is ignoring my send/receive group settings!! Using Outlook 2
K I cannot receive or send e mails for microsoft outlook version 2003. Using Outlook 1
S Office Outlook 2003 won't send out mail. Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 with Outlook Connector - added new account, unable to view any items in inbox, nor send from that account. Help please! Using Outlook 7
L Outlook 2003 vc 2007 - where has Send and File gone? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2003. Can recieve but not send. Error 0x80042109 Using Outlook 1
M Cannot send email in outlook 2003. Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2003 will not send messages. Stuck in outbox, Using Outlook 1
M outlook 2003 on send/receive crashes outlook in windows xp Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2003 in Windows 7 will not send and receive: Message "object cannot be found" Using Outlook 4
C Unable to send in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2003 send/recieve error msg 0x80042108..... Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2003 will not open to send and rec. Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2003: two email accounts, can send on both but receive on only one Using Outlook 4
K can't send an email using outlook 2003 help pls. Using Outlook 2
J outlook 2003 mail send and receive issue Using Outlook 3
C Cannot send/receive email with Outlook 2003 on new Windows 7 laptop Using Outlook 6
J Can Receive but not send emails w/ Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
R Cannot Send HTML formatted messages, Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 1
W How to sign in outlook 2003 from another computer to check my email and send messages Using Outlook 2
T Unable to send or receive e-mails on my Laptop (Desktop works ok) - Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 4