Export from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail fails to copy to Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bluebeam

I'm exporting from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2010. I chose Export Messages to Microsoft Exchange and I selected individual folders to move one at a time. It shows it's transferring files for each folder with the number of files transferring. The green status bar moves as it completes each folder. But when I look in Outlook, there are no messages in the folders. When I go to the new individual folder it says "There are no items to show in this view." I acts like it's transferring my messages, but nothing there.

I had been transferring folders from Outlook Express and they transferred fine up to a point then it stopped, which I only noticed after the fact when I checked in Outlook as I went along. I discovered the above message started occurring after 11 folders had been successfully transferred then after that point no. The folder gets created, but no messages.

Yes, I had both emails clients open.

I looked at mydocuments\outlook files

name@xxxxxx.net - Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings.pst 96,489 kb

outlook.pst 1,936,401 kb

I don't know why this is here but I also have temp versions of the same files.

~outlook.pst.tmp 64 kb (changes can be zero then jump to 64)
~name@xxxxxx.net - Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings.pst.tmp 64 kb (changes can be zero then jump to 64)

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook contains the following:

RoamCache

~last~.sharing.xml.obi

Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings.sharing.xml.obi

outlook.pst 2,096,912 kb

I did see back in April someone had the same problem, but completely lost with the answer by Diane Paremsky.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/thread/ae1bf7ac-18a3-43b3-b7f3-286cfb6b95fb

There was also something about Shift+6, but I got lost there and it didn't do anything anyway when I Shift+6 it in Outlook.
"look in Folder list (Ctrl+6) and make sure there is only 1 set of folder" I have no idea what this means or what Folder list means in this case.

I followed the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980534 for transferring. Like I said it was working fine then just stopped transferring thought it looks like it did. I had the same folders also on Windows Live Mail and then tried to transfer them, but had the same results. Windows Live Mail is my default email.

I am using Office Professional 2010 32-bit on XP SP3.

I basely know nothing about using Outlook 2010. I am only importing files so I can convert to pdfs and keep attachments by Acrobat X.

Thanks for any help.

B

Bluebeam

An additional problem has occurred.

Task 'pop.....net.com - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'The message store has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this message store, select some items that you no longer need, and permanently (SHIFT + DEL) delete them.'

Again I found an answer or so it seems though I do not understand:

"It sounds like you installed Outlook 2010 using the older ANSI format for a .pst file which has an upper limit of 2 gigs for a mail store (the practical limit is somewhat lower before you start having problems.) You need to create a new .pst file in the Unicode format (which can go to 32 terabytes!) and move your mail from OE to the new .pst file and close the old .pst file.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com.../thread/c5e0f794-c0d6-4a96-9d4b-1db284883a2e"

Not only don't I know what a mail store happens to be it seems to indicate my problems might be the result of lack of space. I could have certainly reached a 2 GB limit as all my emails are 8.53 GB (82,797), which is why I want to convert to pdf files. Anyway, I was importing the big file folders so I suspect I might have hit a 2 GB limit if that's the problem.

I have no idea how you creat a new .pst file in Unicode format or where you create it and how do you close an old .pst file (didn't say delete).

Again any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N transfering messages from Outlook Express to Outlook and export to a Vista machine. Using Outlook 2
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Export Zimbra to Outlook PST Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
C How to export Outlook data to csv? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
R How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ? Using Outlook 3
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Diane Poremsky Export (Save) Outlook Contact photos New Slipstick.com Articles 0
W macro to export outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
H How to export *all* fields from Outlook Using Outlook 2
N Export Outlook custom forms fields to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2013/365 won't export 99% of my contacts to csv Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 Export tasks to Excel Using Outlook 2
Sarge USMC Cannot import/export Outlook 13 Using Outlook 6
L Outlook 2007 Codes Export and Import Using Outlook 9
L Outlook 2007 Toolbar Export and Import Using Outlook 7
F Export Outlook contacts by One Category Using Outlook 1
M outlook shared calendar data export to excel sheet Using Outlook 1
O Export (save) Outlook Contact photos Using Outlook 2
D Export Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 200? - Script Export Rules Using Outlook 1
K outlook 2007 Export/Import Distribution lists Using Outlook 1
P Cannot export contacts with Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
C outlook export to excel in real time Using Outlook 3
S How can I export or print a list of all my folder names in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003, Export to CSV, "Export From' blank Using Outlook 5
V Launching Access export from Outlook task, Access Password pop-up window gets lost Using Outlook 1
B can not export contact file microsoft outlook 2002 Using Outlook 2
B Re: Export/Import/Switch from WLM to Outlook Using Outlook 1
R is import and export engine available in outlook 2010 trial version? Using Outlook 2
D cannot import contact files to outlook 2003, cannot change import and export applications and tools, Using Outlook 3
H Export address fields from outlook Using Outlook 2
D How can I export a .pst file without a working copy of Outlook? Using Outlook 3
G Trial Outlook 2010 Export email and contact Records to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
D export contacts from outlook Using Outlook 2
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
K How do I save my outlook calendar to a csv format if the only choice i am given when trying to export it is ics? Using Outlook 1
L Keeping Outlook contact, documents and favourites from trial programs installed. cant access these files to export them. Using Outlook 2
F outlook 2010 beta email export Using Outlook 7
W can't export Outlook 2007 mail after trial Using Outlook 2
O Export emails to .csv files retaining Outlook categories and attachments Using Outlook 6
R Can I export/import emails from Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2007 (not on an exchange server)? Using Outlook 1
C Locked out of MS Outlook 2010 Trial Version - unable to export messages to Windows Live (Windows 7) Using Outlook 1
Y Export Outlook contacts to Windows Contacts in Windows 7 Using Outlook 3
D export contacts in Outlook 2003 using Windows 7 - no folders Using Outlook 10
M Why msg files are differ after export from Outlook to filesystem? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Export email from Outlook into Access... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3