Way to correct the window in focus when creating a task from email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RalphieGirl

When creating a task or appointment from an email, the window focus switches back to main window instead of staying on the task or appointment I just created- on Windows 7 using Outlook 2010. Seems to occur intermittently (unable to isolate or replicate the conditions...yet) for me but I was working with a client this week and it happened every time.

I searched the forum and couldn't find an existing issue related to this.

Thanks!

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

Try to prevent programs from stealing focus in Windows, follow steps below:

Click on Start and then Run.

In the text box in the Run window, type regedit and click OK. This will open the Registry Editor program.

Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder under My Computer and click on the (+) sign next the folder name to expand the folder.

Continue to expand folders until you reach the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel registry key.

Select the Desktop key under Control Panel.

On the right-hand side of the screen, locate and double-click on the ForegroundLockTimeout DWORD.

In the Edit DWORD Value window that appears, set the Value data: field to 30d40.

Note: Make sure the Base option is set to Hexadecimal when entering the DWORD value.

Click OK and then close Registry Editor.

Reboot your PC for the changes you made to take effect.

From this point forward, programs should no longer steal the focus from the window that you're currently working in.

Also you can try to start Outlook in safe mode [hold ctrl key while startup] to see if this issue is caused by add-ins. If so, you can disable add-ins.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.