Outlook 2010 upgrade problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PTSysAdmin

I just installed Office 2010 professional plus and lost access to both my e-mail accounts, one on exchange and hotmail. After 3 hours I was able to get the exchange account working, by adding the ADir and server to my login, which I have not had to do in 2003 or 2007. However I cannot get my hotmail account to work at all. I even tried deleting the account and setting it up again but i always get an error unable to access data file, and after setting up the account every way possible, I can never go back and change the settings, I get an unknown error 09970715. This is really annoying. I have reinstalled the outlook connector several times, still no joy and run scanpst on every file I can find, but nothing helps.

Also, when I open any office application, it appears to go through the inital setup every time. I'm beginning to think upgrading from 2007 to 2010 was a big mistake.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this and is this "preparing to install" and "Please wait while Windows configures Office 2010"going to continue to showup ever time I start an office application? It really doesn't seem right.

S

Someotherguy12

In exactly the same situation.

When I ran the command it said norereg exists. Overwrite (y/n)

I overwrote and launched excel and it still re configures with every launch.

Any more tips. I have tried uninstalling 2010 then uninstalling 2007. Then removing all the office files from c:\program files.

Fresh install of 2010.

Still does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.