Outlook 2007 - Shared Calendar - Who created appointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Knittin-Kitten

I created a team calendar and shared it with a group of people, they have full editor permission to the calendar.

Questions have been asked about some of the appointments that have been created in this shared calendar, namely who created each appointment? Following advice from many forums, I have used a table view (Active appointments) and have added the organiser / from field to the view. All appointments show that I am the " from" even though I did not create the appointments.

How can we find out which member of the group who share this calendar have created appointments? I did think that it would show if we opened the appointment, bottom left corner would show last modified by, but this also always shows my name.

I can ask them to always put their name or initials in the subject (or body of appointment) but they might forget to do it.

thanks for your advice, KK

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

You can try following steps:

1. On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click Active Appointments.
2. Move the mouse pointer to one of the column headings (such as Subject), and then right-click that heading. Click Field Chooser in on the shortcut menu.
3. In the Field Chooser, change from Frequently-used fields to All Appointment fields.
4. Click Organizer, and then drag Organizer to the column heading area. You see red arrows appear that indicate the column heading's position. Release the mouse button when you have the field where you want it.
5. In the Field Chooser, change from All Appointment fields to Date/Time fields.
6. Click Created, and then drag Created to the column heading area. You see red arrows appear that indicate the column heading's position. Release the mouse button when you have the field where you want it.
7. Close the Field Chooser, and then expand the columns if needed.

Hope that helps.

K

Knittin-Kitten

Hi Jennifer

I have tried this, organiser turns into From in my calendar views, all appointments show me as organiser / from even though I did not enter the appointment into the calendar.

I think I am just going to have to accept this fault and ask everyone to put their initials into the details of the appointment.

T

TPBrennan

I tried the steps listed above and the calendar owner is always listed as the Organizer. You can use the MFCMAPI utility to see the raw properties of the appointments: the name of the user who created the meeting is listed as PR_CREATOR_NAME. The most recent version of MFCMAPI can be downloaded from http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/. Create a profile for the shared calendar and then open it with MFCMAPI, double click on Mailbox, expand Root Container and then Top of Information Store, right click the Calendar and select Open Contents Table, highlight the meeting you are interested in and look for the PR_CREATOR_NAME value. This is a bit of a bother, but it will work. It may be easier to make it a policy for whoever creates an appointment to enter their name and use this to find out who doesn't.TBrennan

K

Knittin-Kitten

Thank you for the advice. We have discovered that if the appointment is created first in the person's own calendar, and then they drag and drop it onto the shared calendar, their name shows in From / Organiser, not mine.

thanks again, KK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
M Searching Outllook 2010 shared contacts from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar Using Outlook 8
P Problems with shared Calendars in an Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 environment Using Outlook 1
G Subscribing to Shared Outlook Calendar 2007 / 2010 from invitation leads to user name and password request. Using Outlook 2
G Subscribing to Shared Outlook Calendar 2007 / 2010 from invitation leads to user name and password request. Using Outlook 2
M Shared Calenders very slow, Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
H accessing shared calendar in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Cache shared mailbox in outlook 2007 (new folders not showing) Using Outlook 2
M Does a shared Outlook BCM 2007 database work with both Outlook BCM 2007 and 2010 clients? Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook 2007 crashes while inserting network shared path hyperlink into mail body Using Outlook 8
N Put a shared distribution list into Address Book in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007, Using the shared contact folder feature, can't share a distribution list which exists Using Outlook 2
S Is there a configuration or setting in Outlook (2007 or 2010) that allows users to rename "shared" c Using Outlook 3
C Add holidays to shared calendar - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R The 'Send via E-mail' option is unavailable for calendars that are shared Outlook 2007 Sp2 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2007 Shared Calendar Notifications Using Outlook 3
B How to Create a desktop shortcut to a shared calendar in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
R Using Outlook 2007 on a shared workstation Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 - Shared Calendar Category Colours Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2010 - Outlook 2007 Shared Calendar Question Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook 2007 - Cannot Delete People's Shared Calendar Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 | Can't view a shared calendar Exchange Server Administration 29
M How to search shared contacts - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
icacream From Outlook 2007 to 2016 ! Using Outlook 9
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 Contacts Glitch: Creating a new email Using Outlook 1
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14
P outlook addin unloaded in office 2007 Using Outlook 0