Windows Live Mail Not Syncing With GoDaddy IMAP Email Account, Will Outlook 2010 Be Any Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonnyEFL7

I recently decided to move away from Thunderbird for my email client of choice. It was corrupting attachments and would randomly change font style while I was composing messages. I was about to buy Outlook 2010 when a friend of mine suggested that I try Windows Live Mail first. I love the product with one major exception: the inbox won't stay synced with my GoDaddy-hosted IMAP email account. I called GoDaddy and they went over my settings and said that everything was correct. They did some server-side adjustment just to make sure it wasn't their problem and it made no difference. I'm tempted to just chalk it up to "You get what you pay for," and buy Outlook 2010, but I'm afraid that I may have the same problem and be out $140 for nothing. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Importing Windows Live Mail Contact into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
C migrating from Windows Live Mail over to Outlook 2010 Problems ... Using Outlook 2
S Installing Outlook 2007 - but using Windows Live Mail as 'the Master' for mails Using Outlook 3
R Help migrating Autocomplete contacts, from Outlook 2003 to windows live mail. Using Outlook 2
O Windows Live mail to Outlook mail Using Outlook 3
B Export from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail fails to copy to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
J get error code 0x80048849 and 0x800488820 when send receive windows live mail Using Outlook 1
P Contact name in SENT mail -- Live Mail with Windows 7 computer Using Outlook 2
S Merge Outlook mails to Windows Live Mail Inbox Using Outlook 4
Q How to import contacts, and email from Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail? Using Outlook 5
B Windows Live Mail attachments Using Outlook 1
C How do I shut down LiveMail & Move what I need to Outlook? I've got conflicts due to setting up Windows Live Mail as temporay until I could get Ou Using Outlook 1
G Is it possible to see ALL unread mail in one folder just as it is possible in Windows Live Mail via Using Outlook 4
2 Just downloaded update for Windows Live Mail - 2011. I am receiving emails, but am unable to open them. Using Outlook 1
M I need to move personal folders and address book from outlook express to windows live mail? Using Outlook 1
G Unable to receive BellSouth emails in Windows live mail Using Outlook 1
L Apostrophe becomes question mark when posting to a new group using Windows Live mail Using Outlook 3
M Not receiving an error code, JUST not receiving mail since I had a temp contact spam from Windows live. I had changed my password and I'm not getting Using Outlook 1
M Not receiving an error code just not getting my e-mail in Outlook. I was picking up mail from Windows Live. I had someone send e-mail to all my contac Using Outlook 2
R Export Office 2010 emails to Windows Live mail Using Outlook 2
R Can I export/import emails from Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2007 (not on an exchange server)? Using Outlook 1
F Move Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Migrating from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
D Windows Live Mail (Formerly Outlook Express) Using Outlook 1
R (0x80004005) -- Error: 4102: When attempting to sync my Windows Live Mail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
A switching to windows live mail Using Outlook 2
F transfering contacts from windows live mail to outlook Using Outlook 1
O cannot delete junk messages in Windows Live Mail Using Outlook 1
L XP Outlook Express to Windows 7 64 bit Windows Live Mail = it worked; WLM to Outlook 2010 64 bit on Using Outlook 2
G Mail will not sync with Windows Live account Using Outlook 1
P Windows Live Mail error 421 Exchange Server Administration 4
R Moving files from Windows Live Mail to Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Windows Live Mail Using Outlook 2
S Transfering Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
B Export emails and contacts from Windows Live mail to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 8
J Why does Outlook not allow search folders for All Mailboxes (ALL unread email) like Windows Live Mail Using Outlook 5
M Transferring contact folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail Using Outlook 4
C convert windows live mail to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S How do I Import my contacts located in a .pst file in to Windows live mail! Using Outlook 6
R Cannot Synchronize Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Outlook Calendar will not sync with Windows Live.com account Using Outlook 9
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
T contacts in outlook via outlook connector are not syncing to what is listed in Windows Live. Using Outlook 1
R importing windows live contacts into outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
S 0x00040820 - Errors in Background Synchronisation, with Outlook 2010 and Windows Live email account Using Outlook 3
H Error (0x800041059 could not authenticate against Windows Live ID service Using Outlook 2
A Would like to transfer my outlook 2003 contacta and address book to windows live and retain them in outlook as well Using Outlook 2
A Despite Windows Live Hotmail working as desired, I keep getting a message about 'Can't sign in' or Can't connect. This is the same with Outl Using Outlook 3
R after upgrading from vista to windows 7 - how to import my gone outlook calendar into windows live? Using Outlook 8
E Windows Live Essentials 2011 Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 Unable to connect to Hotmail Serv Using Outlook 2