Unable to change task's date fields in the task list view

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roniziv

When I try to change the date in one of the date fields in the tasks view (for example the Due Date) by picking a date in the small calendar pop-up window I get the following error " You must specify a valid date and time. Verify that what you typed is both a valid date and a valid time, and make any necessary corrections." .

If I open the task's form and then change the date using the same calendar pop-up window (but from the task form and not the task list) then the change works fine.

I use Windows 7 with Hebrew regional settings (English UI) and Office 2010 (also English UI). I had the same problem earlier with Office 2007 installed before I upgraded to Office 2010.

Does anyone have any clue to this problem?

Thanks,
Roni

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

You may check the time and date settings from control panel > regional settings.

Sally Tang

R

roniziv

Hi Sally,

I tried to check them and they seem fine in first glance. Do you something in particular you suggest checking?

The problem is somehow related to the task list view because when I change the date in the task form it works fine.

Thanks,
Roni

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

Create a new Outlook profile and check again if it is OK.
1. Exit Outlook.
2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.
3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
4. Click Add.
5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
6. Highlight the profile, and choose Properties. Then Email Accounts.., add your email account in the profile.
7. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

Sally Tang

R

roniziv

Hi Sally,

I've tried your suggestion and the problem persisted.

regards,
Roni

T

Teresa Walker

Hi Roni,

Thank you very much for reporting this. I was able to reproduce this issue when I choose Hebrew (Israel) in the Region and Language Formats tab.

This only happens when I have Hebrew set as I tested with English and it works as expected.

A bug has been filed for this issue to make sure the Product Group is aware of this as well.

Regards, Teresa Microsoft Online Community Support

R

roniziv

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for your help. I'll appreciate if you will be able to post a reply in this thread once a hotfix will be made publicly available.

Regards.
Roni

T

Teresa Walker

Hi Roni,

I filed the bug on this but unfortunately that does not guarantee that a fix will be created. If the issue is fixed it will be released in a cummulative update so I would suggest checking the cumulative updates when they are released to determine if this has been addressed.

Regards, Teresa Microsoft Online Community Support

Status
Not open for further replies.