Outlook 2010 freezes and not responding when accessing, moving or deleting files

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShashDelics

I'm actually getting a sole problem with the Outlook 2010. After having add my account, I have noticed that nothing responds for a short time. Then, each time i access folders on the account, the program freezes for about 1 min. In the task manager, it gets the ' not responding' error. So , anything i try to do with my account like moving, deleting or search files, it simply freezes.

I've tried to add other account, installed it on other computers but the problem remains same.

However, the strange part about it is that all works fine with opened pst files. I have added several of pst files and everything works fine while moving or deleting mails. All run as smoothly.

So, I've concluded that the problem occurs only on online mode.

Does anyone having same problem and found solution??

S

ShashDelics

Hiya Jeni,

I've already try out all possible solutions i've found in different forums. Created new profile, configured manual settings, reset cache, RPC troubleshoot, repair pst files, disabled add-ins, different testing on exchange server and lots more. But the problem persists. Dunno wat to do next. Think will revert back to Outlook 2007 even though Outlook 2010 is much more better.

Furthermore, yesterday i tried another thing. I've added my Windows Live account and surprisingly it works fine. I get my mails quickly and all runs smoothly.

So, I've concluded that something must be wrong on the company server. Do you think slow connection or a problem with the company server may have something to do with it? Also, i wanted another information. Each time i click on folders, on the outlook taskbar below, there an progress bar whereby it states " downloading folder order" . what's this?? And what are subscribed folders??

Thx for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.