i have created a pst file and set it as default but the mails that i am receiving go into the Mailbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SQL champion

hi ,

My issue is that i have created a pst file and set it as default in outlook 2010. So i expect the mails to be downloaded in to this pst file however the mails that i am receiving go into the Mailbox instead to going into the pst file. I tried restarting the Outlook but this did not help the mails still continue to fall in my Mailbox (i.e OST file created during Account creation).

I tried installing outlook 2010 on another system but was of no use since encountered the same issue there as well .

Why is it that in Outlook 2010 the mails go to the Mailbox(ost) even if we set a .pst file as default location for mails.Is there any settings that we need to change for the same. Currently i m manuaaly moving the mails from the mailbox (ost file ) to .pst

Regards,

Shaduli

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

Within Outlook, go to Options, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e-mail accounts (Next).

Within this window (E-mail Accounts) you will see Microsoft Exchange Server and type Exchange as default.

AT the bottom you should see " deliver new e-mail to the following location. Point this to your PST files.

You can also set a rule to move all emails addressed to the exchange address to a certain folder in your PST files.

Sincerely,

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
S Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook Using Outlook 5
Stompandgo Copied PST file asking for password - but I never created one?! Using Outlook 3
K Outlook PST file created in 2010 can be used in 2007? Using Outlook 2
K Access Denied to pst file created with Outlook 2003 and now in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7. Using Outlook 3
C Outlook fails to open old .pst files created under Office 2000 Using Outlook 1
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
A Created a personal group that now appears to be a public group Using Outlook 3
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S how to set user properties to a newly created appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S my vbscript button1_click code works on appointment created but not on opening an existing apntmn Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M Automatically create event in calendar when task is created Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
makinmyway Appointments Created in iCloud Calendars Cover Contacts Field...Why? Using Outlook 3
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Newly created IMAP subfolders not showing up on email clients away from computer. Using Outlook 3
B Saved emails in folders I created on left of screen are being erased as I open each folder Using Outlook 0
E Recurred tasks are created with a wrong due date Using Outlook 0
P Task form created in outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Save Mail Message to new folder created automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding an attachment to email I just created (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
deonholt Address Book problem and created new profile ... Using Outlook 1
M Copy "To" Address Value from a Newly Created Email to the "To" Address Field of Custom Form Using Outlook 4
wallisellener created date BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Timed events created in iPhone auto-change to All Day events in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Manually created Sent Items folder is lost Using Outlook 4
P Created new profile, how do I share existing contacts/calendar? Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Print Created Date on Drafts Using Outlook 3
J iCloud Calendar/Contacts Syncing Hangs At End - aplzod Data Store Not Created Using Outlook 8
J View the date a contact was created Using Outlook 7
B Date of mail created Using Outlook 1
A No profiles created problem in outlook after clicking outlook icon Using Outlook 0
A Emailing Calendars Created in Outlook Calendar Printing Assistant Calendar Printing Assistant 3
S Newly created Folders are not showing in the shared mailbox(secondary delegate mailbox) Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 SP2: When creating a future appoinment it shows day it was created not the future date Using Outlook 1
S Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Not Receiving External Emails For New Users Created Exchange Server Administration 2
N How to protect corporate travelers against OST corruption (large OST files which can not be re-created at a distance) Using Outlook 1
S How can I get rid of hard returns showing in all emails created? Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2007 - Shared Calendar - Who created appointment? Using Outlook 4
J CANNOT get rid of Exchange 2010 error "An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message Exchange Server Administration 2
K Templates created in html, received in html, but show up as plain text. Using Outlook 2
P Setting permission on user Standard when mailbox is created Exchange Server Administration 1
V Upload a CSV file, created from a BCP command into Outlook calendar Using Outlook 1
W Permanently add field in an Outlook 2007 task already created. Not just add to temporary view. Using Outlook 1
D Outllook 2007 not in cache mode, no offline files selected, yet OST file gets created. Using Outlook 1
B Issue mounting newly created database Exchange Server Administration 6
F New created rules are missing or not shown Using Outlook 6
S Exchange Control Panel - Objects are created in default OU Exchange Server Administration 2
R I was syncing my phone and outlook and it seams that my phone created thousands of contact in outlook (A loop maybe) Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 reinstalled, but appointments don't show in To Do bar for new calendar that was created Using Outlook 1