Cannot send or reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkASam

Hello,

I just reformated, and reinstalled Windows and Office2007. I cannot send new messages or reply to messages. I get a return mail with this message:

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
'<Person's name>' on 12/18/2010 4:27 PM
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Thanks for any help.

God Bless, Mark A. Sam

G

G North

Hi Again

It looks like your Outlook email account settings are not configured correctly. It would be worth checking them.

Did your Files and Setting transfer using the Wizard work?
G North MMI

M

MarkASam

G,

I didn't use the wizard to restore the settings. It looked like it might try to restore settings on software that was not reinstalled. In stead I imported the email and settings from a saved copy of the former .pst file. This doesn't make sense. I have never had this happen on any installation of Outlook2007. I can't find any setting that sets domain permissions.

God Bless, Mark A. Sam

G

G North

Hi

As far as I know there are no connection settings in the pst file, it's a data file. Did you set up your connecction before reconnecting your pst file?

All the settings will be in the Tools, Account Settings.

As all ISPs use different settings I cannot tell you what you need to use but this link covers the configuration in detail.

http://support.netfirms.com/mail/how-do-i-use-outlook-2007-to-check-my-email

Your ISP will hopefully have the details necessary to complete the process on their web site.

There is no specific setting for domain permissions to domains. Have look at this and I would think your situation is the second option.

http://support.netfirms.com/mail/what-does-reason-553-sorry-that-domain-isnt-in-my-list-of-allowed-rcpthosts-5-7-1-mean

Hope all goes well.

G North MMI

M

MarkASam

Thank you G. I got what I needed from the second link. My default account needed to be set for SMTP Authentication. I thought I set it, and even did a successful test email, but when I looked it again, the option was unchecked.

As far as importing settings, I got the contacts and calendar settings when I did the import. I also found a file Rules.rwz which I had somehow unwittingly saved and got my Rules. As far as accounts, I'll just set them up manually. So things are good. Thanks once again.

God Bless, Mark A. Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.