Only hash marks appear in the free/busy data for some users

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott Tanselle

Running Exchange 2010 Rollup 3 on Windows 2008 R2 - 64-bit. All users are running either Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010.

Some users are experience an issue where they will see hash marks in the free/busy data for some users, though other people will see the correct information for that same users.

This could be for appointments that are only a couple weeks in the future.

Any suggestions?

T

TWHarrington

Does this consistently affect specific users or is it more random, like for a user, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't? Have you tried to start the Outlook client with the /cleanfreebusy switch?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

If they're getting hash marks for users when others can see the free-busy data, then their client is having trouble obtaining free-busy data. If all clients are Outlook 2007 or 2010, then they should be using the Availability Service (web services) for free-busy data, so that's where I'd look, to ensure that web services is working on all your CAS servers for mailboxes on all mailbox servers. Try using the Test-WebServicesConnectivity cmdlet first. In Outlook, run the AutoDiscover test and see if they're getting the correct settings.

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

G

Gulab Mallah

Is it a migrated scenario? If Yes that check the replica on FB folder.

Post the update.

-Gulab

S

Scott Tanselle

This is not a migration scenario. It was a brand new install of Exchange 2010. It is only a few users having the issue and it is apparently not all the time for them.

For one particular user, it works in OWA, so I deleted their Outlook Profile and created a new one, which then started to work. Yet I hear they are having problems again. This same person though didn't have all the latest updates to Windows 7 and Outlook. I have turned logging on for their Outlook and waiting to see if it happens again.

G

Gulab Mallah

Okay run this command on client machine..
Close Outlook
Start..>Run---> outlook /cleanfreebusy

Make sure that user is in online mode when you run this command

-Gulab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2010 Gpo Trusted add-ins Hash value field doesn't exist. Confirmed Using Outlook 2
L When scheduling a meeting - everyone else's calendar has "hash" ma Using Outlook 3
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook (Show or hide paragraph marks) Using Outlook 0
R Reply marks read message as unread Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2013 either fails to mark messages as read or marks them as read, then un-marks them. Using Outlook 1
JR Ryan Outlook marks all as "Read" issue Exchange Server Administration 2
M Ye Olde 'Single Quote Marks' Issue Using Outlook 3
J Why are some rule names inclosed in quotation marks and others aren't? Using Outlook 1
R qestion marks and gibrish in task in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Some way to capture who marks an email as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
T Increasing the number of items that appear on the Categories list Using Outlook 2
B All imported tasks appear in to-do list Using Outlook 3
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Checkboxes when selected will appear in a textbox in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R What's supposed to appear when just clicking into the search field? Using Outlook 7
P errors appear every time I run SCANPST Using Outlook 3
T Some of my folders in outlook.com appear to have vanished, thanks to v1803 Using Outlook 11
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2013 Calendar events not appear on Outlook.com Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
Mark Foley Time span on WebDAV published Calendars does not appear to be working Using Outlook 7
D Emails do not appear in Sent box! Using Outlook 4
L Should public contacts folder appear in "People" nav pane? Using Outlook 1
G How to let data in an account user defined field appear in the same field all related opportunities BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D how to get inbox messages to appear before deleted file messages? Using Outlook 6
A email folders appear empty, at first click Using Outlook 2
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 Mail Notifications appear for ALL emails--no good Using Outlook 1
J Reminders dismissed on one computer re-appear on Outlook on second computer Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Calendar Printing Assistant 0
V Outlook 2010 IMAP Sent Items some items appear in Outlook Data File Using Outlook 3
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 - Tasks Do Not Appear In To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
T Make sub folders of inbox appear BOLD when new mail arrives Using Outlook 10
R Getting my Claendar additions to appear in Outlook Today Using Outlook 7
J Why Doesn't some Incoming Gmail Doesn't Appear In Outlook? Using Outlook 9
R Outlook 2010 Sent emails don't appear in the sent mail folder Using Outlook 9
S Inbox names appear greyed out Using Outlook 3
W Custom Task Form: Scrollbars Do Not Appear On Textbox Using Outlook 4
J Mail read in OWA won't appear in Outlook Exchange Server Administration 1
R Can not send a newsletter to a group. Does not appear Outlook 2007 is recognizing the email addresses. Using Outlook 2
M Emails Appear Blank in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J I don't appear to have archiving in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G In Outlook 2010, how do you get an envelope to appear in the system tray when new emails arrive? Using Outlook 2
S kb2288931 and/or kb2412171 appear to cause problems with Comcast mail Using Outlook 6
W tasks appear twice Using Outlook 1
G When I delete a contact's email address it continues to appear Using Outlook 2
R Re: Outlook 2010 (Windows 7) - 'Choose Profile' pop-up continues to appear despite clicking 'Set as default profile' Using Outlook 1