Trouble removing old 2000 Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benjamin Korr

Hey all,

Microsoft Exchange PD-Analyzer identifies 2 mail servers on our network. 1 which is currently in use, an exchange 2003 server, and one which was decommissioned years ago. The entire server bank that the old exchange 2000 was on was thrown in the trash. For whatever reason though, Exchange 2010 setup still sees the old 2000 installation as being there and will not install until it has been removed.

I've failed to find any trace of the old server in the DNS or in active directory. Does anyone have a clue as to where the remnants of the old 2000 Exchange install are hiding out?

Thank you!

T

TWHarrington

In ADSI Edit, navigate to:

Configuration -> Services -> Microsoft Exchange -> ExchangeOrganizationName -> Administrative Groups -> First Administrative Group -> Servers

Is the old 2000 server listed in this contaniner? If so, you can delete it. Allow for AD replication and then check the PD-Analyzer again.

B

Benjamin Korr

Thanks for the reply TWH.

I looked in ADSI Edit like you said. There was no tree that followed the layout you specified, but I have throughly cleaned out active directory in both ADSI and Users and Computers of any entries I could find that were directly linked to the old mail server.

I'm guessing it's unusual that there was no configuration folder. Is there anything else you reccomend trying?

G

Gulab Mallah

Check the Lost and Found container in Adsiedit.msc, do you see the server 2000?

Check the same server in ADUC, try to find it and let us know if you see the server?

-Gulab

B

Benjamin Korr

Checked lost and found like you suggested, no entries in either place.

T

TWHarrington

I'm guessing it's unusual that there was no configuration folder. Is there anything else you reccomend trying?
This is the Configuration Partition is the Schema. Once you are in the Configuration partition, you should see a Sevices container and then so on. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Trouble removing old 2000 Exchange Exchange Server Administration 4
G Trouble with Office 365/2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
B Trouble Starting Outlook 2010 after Crash Using Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
K New to BCM - trouble importing contacts & accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
M Trouble Importing folders from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 12
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 - trouble with alphabetizing when titles are used (ie - Mr.) Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
K Trouble converting the ANSI PST to a Unicode PST Using Outlook 4
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
N Trouble importing calender information from iPhone into OutLook 2010 Using Outlook 1
J TROUBLE SENDING EMAIL FROM OUTLOOK, NO PROBLEM RECIEVING WHEN WORKING FROM OUT OF TOWN Using Outlook 1
D Trouble using Hotmail with Outlook connector, cannot receive mails Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 and new mail sound trouble Using Outlook 2
B Having trouble with an Outlook Profile. Can I uninstall Outlook 2010 and install it again? Using Outlook 11
D Trouble downloading Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
B Trouble installing office because of outlook and BCM? Using Outlook 1
B haveing trouble with initial install of exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
M im having trouble going from one mail server to another on my computer Using Outlook 1
J trouble importing Office 2003 contact data (activities,etc.) using .pst file export & import to a se Using Outlook 1
D trouble sending e-mail from home to work Using Outlook 1
J I am having trouble opening opening links with in an e-mail. Using Outlook 2
M I am having trouble sending my e-mails in Outlook 2007. I can receive them, but not send. My internet provider says they can't help me. What to do? Using Outlook 6
V Outlook 2007 and mobile devices having trouble with Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
L mail merge trouble 2003 - sends only 2 out of 150+ entries in data file Using Outlook 1
M Exchange 2010 SP1 install trouble. Exchange Server Administration 10
K Seriuos Trouble with Win7 Exchange Server Administration 3
R Trouble with exchange and pop3 account rules Using Outlook 1
S Trouble exporting my Outlook 2003 Contacts file to another computer running Win XP Pro SP3 Using Outlook 3
V Trouble using RBAC to change passwords and distribution groups Exchange Server Administration 16
T Trouble with creating database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M having trouble importing excel data into outlook contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Trouble using SaveAs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M trouble connection to remote database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Outlook is NOT removing attachments. Using Outlook 4
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to paste website content using a specific font and removing URLs Using Outlook 2
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9