External email issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dvendt

I have an Exchange 2010 server and a IIS Web server on the same VLAN. The web server app needs to send emails. I've configured the app with the SMTP IP address of my Exchange server. I can succesfully send email from the web server app to internal exchange domain email addresses, but when I send to an internet email address, it fails. Checking log files doesn't help indicate the problem and it appears that the exchange server never receives the email. Any idea on how to resolve?

K

Khoj Sahiwala

HAve you created a mailbox for your mail application.

I've configured the app with the SMTP IP address of my Exchange server.? ..

your Exchange server will accept message From your web application if it is addressed to someone he knows about ( INTERNAL).

When you want it to send it to someone on the internet it cannot as that is RELAYING. You need to configure as per best practices another connector and allow this application server ( it's Ip address ) to relay mail outside the organisation, Also can be done by tweaking settings on recieve connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T HTML email for internal mesages and Text only for External? Using Outlook 1
K External Mtg Invitees have =SMTP: added to email address after mtg saved Using Outlook 5
D How to set permissions to allow external program to send an email? Using Outlook 0
A Copy email from external server, rather than totall download it Using Outlook 1
J How can I send email from an external email account? Using Outlook 2
F Email Address Policy for External Recipients in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
M not able to recieve Internal and external email on a 2010 mailbox... attempting exch 2003 transition Exchange Server Administration 2
D can't send email to some of the external domain after upgrade to exchange 2010 on windows 2008 Exchange Server Administration 2
E One Mail User Cannot Receive External Email Exchange Server Administration 9
W Send notification of new message email to external mail. Using Outlook 1
B external email not being delivered Exchange Server Administration 7
G Relay from external email Exchange Server Administration 3
S add other/external email address to a user account/mailbox Exchange Server Administration 17
B Warning Before Sending External Email Using Outlook 1
M Emails not relaying to External Contact-[email addresses in different domain] Exchange Server Administration 8
G Email not recieved by internal recipients when sent to external and internal recipients Using Outlook 2
W email contacts from external contact database. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P [SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject Using Outlook 6
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
RangerRick Text Extraction from forwarded messages external Exchange Server Administration 1
J HELP- Rule to auto strip prepend from external emails Using Outlook 0
C OWA External Access - No URL / URL Invalid Exchange Server Administration 2
M Separate Internal and external emails in outlook Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external domain Using Outlook 9
A Change subject line of external software using outlook. Using Outlook 1
B importing Outlook from a backup on an external hard drive Using Outlook 5
P Amend external calendar entries to include internal resources Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external acc. Using Outlook 4
F How to setup signature with Outlook 2007 with external picture Using Outlook 4
S External e-mail attachments always seen as inline attachments with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Exchange 2010 Configuration Question Internal Domain for External Clients Exchange Server Administration 6
B Moving or copying a Hotmail Folder to an external Hard Disk?____ Using Outlook 2
M TMG +configure client access server external domain Exchange Server Administration 3
N Can't write archive files to external drive Using Outlook 11
N Exchange 2010 External and Internal DsnMaxMessageAttachSize Exchange Server Administration 2
H Allow out of office auto replies for internal and external in outlook 2003 Exchange Server Administration 3
S Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Not Receiving External Emails For New Users Created Exchange Server Administration 2
T Exchange 2010 - External mail issues Exchange Server Administration 12
S OWA 2010 Windows Integrated Auth for Internal - FBA or NTLM for External Published Exchange Server Administration 4
F OWA internal and external address is trying to resolve on an external DNS server on the internet Using Outlook 2
V Extra mailto: tag added to external emails Using Outlook 1
2 configuring external client access Exchange Server Administration 3
L Setup OWA for external access Using Outlook 1
I exchange 2010 external licensing question Exchange Server Administration 5
J Can't open pst file held on external drive Using Outlook 5
P Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2003 - Meeting Organizer not seeing new proposed time from external parties Using Outlook 5
D External Autodiscover Exchange Server Administration 3
A Auto accept room invitations from external users Exchange Server Administration 3
B Migration of data from external drive Using Outlook 12