TMG and Exchange 2010 Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babylon99

Hi;

I have two TMG on the edge.

Inside i have two cas server and i will create a cas array for load balancing.

What is the right order?

Creating web farm on tmg and add client access server?

or just point nlb virtual ip?

or on publishing rules just point client access array for internal name?

B

Busbar [MVP]

B

babylon99

there is no need to configure a web farm that includes cas servers and point this for publishing rules?

M

[MT]

I am refer to Greg Taylor Quote to reply your question, as it is similiar question mike has raised. You can refer this articles for details.

Read up this exchange team articles. It helps you understanding better.

" Greg Taylor said:

Hi Mike, you would still need to create an RPC Client Access array, for Outlook users to connect to, and to enable you to set on each database. But from a TMG/UAG perspective, you would add each server individually as members of the web farm you create. Then TMG/UAG can pick one CAS for each connecting client to use when connecting over HTTPS.

The fact that the same CAS is also probably part of the user's RPC Client Access array (which it would be if the users mailbox database were in that same AD site and using those CAS for it's MAPI endpoint), means the https traffic hits the rpc proxy on the CAS, then effectively loops on the same box to the RPC Client Access array (on TCP ports 6001, 2 and 4).

So yes, still create an array, for MAPI usage, but add each server individually, to get the rpc traffic, inside the HTTPs traffic, to the CAS."

======

I would suggest you read up this post by Greg Taylor, it has described the publishing section and step by step how to do it as well. Cheers.

Publishing Exchange Server 2010 with Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 and Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.

B

babylon99

Thanks.

Then i will use nlb virtual ip for internal outlook clients and web farm for TMG

Status
Not open for further replies.