TMG and Exchange 2010 Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babylon99

Hi;

I have two TMG on the edge.

Inside i have two cas server and i will create a cas array for load balancing.

What is the right order?

Creating web farm on tmg and add client access server?

or just point nlb virtual ip?

or on publishing rules just point client access array for internal name?

B

Busbar [MVP]

B

babylon99

there is no need to configure a web farm that includes cas servers and point this for publishing rules?

M

[MT]

I am refer to Greg Taylor Quote to reply your question, as it is similiar question mike has raised. You can refer this articles for details.

Read up this exchange team articles. It helps you understanding better.

" Greg Taylor said:

Hi Mike, you would still need to create an RPC Client Access array, for Outlook users to connect to, and to enable you to set on each database. But from a TMG/UAG perspective, you would add each server individually as members of the web farm you create. Then TMG/UAG can pick one CAS for each connecting client to use when connecting over HTTPS.

The fact that the same CAS is also probably part of the user's RPC Client Access array (which it would be if the users mailbox database were in that same AD site and using those CAS for it's MAPI endpoint), means the https traffic hits the rpc proxy on the CAS, then effectively loops on the same box to the RPC Client Access array (on TCP ports 6001, 2 and 4).

So yes, still create an array, for MAPI usage, but add each server individually, to get the rpc traffic, inside the HTTPs traffic, to the CAS."

======

I would suggest you read up this post by Greg Taylor, it has described the publishing section and step by step how to do it as well. Cheers.

Publishing Exchange Server 2010 with Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 and Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
MT | MCITP ----- Please vote helpful or mark as answer if it's answered your question, this help us follow up the question status.

B

babylon99

Thanks.

Then i will use nlb virtual ip for internal outlook clients and web farm for TMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Configure Exchange Edge 2010 on TMG in DMZ Exchange Server Administration 1
S TMG Setup for Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Exchange 2010 behind TMG 2010 - odd per-user problem Exchange Server Administration 4
B Re: Exchange 2010 and TMG Exchange Server Administration 2
H Exchange 2010 and TMG Exchange Server Administration 1
I Publishing Exchange 2010 without SSL on TMG 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
A Exchange 2010 with TMG 2010 - Public Wildcard Certificate not the same as my Internal Domain - is it possible? Exchange Server Administration 2
A TMG 2010 - Exchange 2010 - Outlook Anywhere - 503 Service Unavailable Exchange Server Administration 2
D ActiveSync Error : 0x85010014 - Exchange 2010, TMG 2010, WM6.5 Exchange Server Administration 7
K publish exchange active sync behind TMG Exchange Server Administration 4
T How to get Exchange 2003 OWA SSO authentication to work with Internal TMG Array web listener Exchange Server Administration 1
D Exchange Certificate for TMG... Exchange Server Administration 9
J Edge + TMG 2010 No email inbound/outbound and cannot telnet to port 25 on TMG Exchange Server Administration 0
M TMG +configure client access server external domain Exchange Server Administration 3
S Edge 2010 and TMG on the same box Exchange Server Administration 1
S Forefront TMG Management Control 2010 on Edge Server. Exchange Server Administration 1
H OWA not working because of TMG Certificate Using Outlook 4
M can not publish owa via forefront TMG Using Outlook 2
B ActiveSync issues with TMG/ISA in permieter network Exchange Server Administration 3
K Edge transport and TMG best practice NLB Exchange Server Administration 1
K client access server internet facing behind TMG Exchange Server Administration 4
J 2010 SP1 Upgrade introduced ActiveSync issues with Windows Mobile via TMG Exchange Server Administration 5
A Outlook Anywhere, Forefront TMG, NTLM, default config wont work Exchange Server Administration 10
N Backing Up Exchange Calendar Using Outlook 1
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
L How to Import Exchange OST file into Outlook? Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
M WMI query for Get Disk IO performance in exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
B Outlook 2013/Exchange 2013 - Conf Rooms not fully booking "resolved conflict" meetings Using Outlook 3
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Add Exchange Account as Secondary to Existing PST? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
C Filter/Search emails sent to internal Exchange address only Using Outlook 2
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7