how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RakeshMishra

I need my outlook clients (all outlook 2007) to publish free busy info to Public folder (Schedule Free busy) for third party application use which still does not support EWS to provide free busy functionality. I have pure exchange 2010 environment and got a public folder databse already. When I look at Schedule Free busy folder, I find nothing in it as of yet.

R

RakeshMishra

Hi Neil,

My problem is bit different form the one described at the forum you sugested.

I need my outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy data to Public folder but at the same time I do not want clients to use public folder to retrieve the free busy data. As I have got all my clients on outlook 2007 and have got exchange 2010 environmnet, EWS is best, instead of public folder for free busy lookup.

I would like to have the system free-busy folder to get pupulated with real time free busy info to be used by third part mobile application not the outlook clients.

Thanks for your help.

Rakesh

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Rakesh,
Per your description, do you mean that you want to publish the calendar informaton to the internet, and then the third part mobile application could get the free-busy information of the special user?
There is a good article about how to do it,
http://blogs.technet.com/b/ucedsg/archive/2010/09/02/how-do-i-enable-the-new-internet-calendar-sharing-ics-with-exchange-2010-sp1.aspx
Other information:

Introduction to publishing internet calendars:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/introduction-to-publishing-internet-calendars-HA010174355.aspx
Enable Internet Calendar Publishing
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607475.aspx
If I misunderstand your issue, please tell me.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Configure Increase Outlook 2007 PST size limit Using Outlook 1
A not configure outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
R Re: I can't permanently configure the reading pane in MS Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
M I can't configure my MS Office Outlook 2007 to receive msn.com emails from my MSN ISP. I am running VISTA Using Outlook 3
S Office Outlook 2007 highlighter colors....is it possible to add or configure additional colors Using Outlook 1
D I can' t configure Ms outlook 2007 with my yahoomail Using Outlook 2
H How to configure size limit for (.pst) files in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
D Configure Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Configure Gmail Accounts in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Configure Outlook so Exchange uses cached mode but new items are by default saved to Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
Y Configure outlook with Domino Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
N Configure Outlook 2010 to download sent emails Using Outlook 4
R How to configure outlook to avoid sending emails from the wrong account Using Outlook 24
M How to Configure Multiple Exchange Accounts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C configure outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Configure outlook to download hyperlinked images in email automatically to PST Using Outlook 2
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
M Automatically configure S/MIME in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
W How to configure Live.ca email to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Cannot configure email in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
T how to configure an internet server so I can use outlook Using Outlook 2
C How do I configure Outlook 2010 for earthlink email? Using Outlook 1
S Configure outlook client after migrate mailbox from exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
S how to configure outlook anywhere and OAB in coexist 2003 and 2010 exchange environment Exchange Server Administration 3
D Configure email accounts Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K how do I configure my email account to outlook Using Outlook 1
S Re: Cannot configure orange e-mail in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Configure my Outlook with my Hotmail address Using Outlook 1
A How to configure outlook in a system in a network connected to a server system ? Internet is only provided in server system. Using Outlook 1
C How to configure outlook profiles automatically Using Outlook 5
N How do I configure Outlook 2010 to search Local Contacts before Global Address List? Using Outlook 1
T Configure mailbox OutofOffice with Redemption Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Auto Configure Outlook Profile. Using Outlook 4
L Cannot configure Out of Office when we are connected via Outlook anywhere (RPC/HTTP) Using Outlook 11
M configure Onpremise exchange to send/receive emails internally and externally) Exchange Server Administration 0
V Can't configure Gmail Using Outlook 10
H How to configure “Send As” email in Office 365 Account? Exchange Server Administration 10
Steve Jacobs Possible to configure TNEF options based on *sender*? Exchange Server Administration 3
H Multiple Exchange Accounts: How to Configure Default Contacts, Notes, Tasks? Using Outlook 4
wallisellener DB configure BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
V How to configure https mail account Using Outlook 1
D Configure E-mail on 2 different Networks Using Outlook 1
D How to manage and configure antispam updates for Hub Transport antispam filter agents at "filesystem Exchange Server Administration 1
S Configure Exchange Edge 2010 on TMG in DMZ Exchange Server Administration 1
M TMG +configure client access server external domain Exchange Server Administration 3
N how to configure owa to access externally Exchange Server Administration 13
T configure client access server external domain (the client access server role will be internet facin Exchange Server Administration 2