Unable to set Set-PublicFolderDatabase -RpcClientAccessServer 'casarray.contoso.co.in'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

channavera

Hi When i try to Set-PublicFolderDatabase -RpcClientAccessServer 'casarray.contoso.co.in' i get the following error.

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '-RpcClientAccessServer'.
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: :)) [Set-PublicFolderDatabase], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Set-PublicFolderDatabase

swamy

H

Harikrishnan Sivaprakasam

Hi Swamy,

-RpcClientAccessServer is not a parameter of " Set-publicfolderDatabase" cmd

-RpcClientAccessServer can be run with " Set-MailboxDatabase"

Note: We no need to configure RpcClientAccessServer for publicfolderDatabase since OL is not connecting the public folders through the CAS Servers.

Regards,

Hari

Hari

C

channavera

Thanks Hari,
My casarray was configured as casarray.india.contoso.com initially. I just changed the casarray to casarray.contoso.com. i just run the command to change for MBX DB but cannot do so for the PUB DB. The pub db is still refering to casarray.india.contoso.com.

I created Deleted the old PUB DB and created a new one, even the new one is also refelecing the old cas array casarray.india.contoso.com

swamy

A

Allen Song

Hi,

For the Public Folder connection, it still goes to the mailbox server not CAS server. It uses the RPC Client Access service on the Mailbox Server to build the connection.

You cannot use the RPCClientAccessServer parameter to set the Public Folder Database.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.