Change Display name to "Lastname, Firstname" Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsilber

Has there been any updates in Exchange 2010 to allow the Display Name to show as " Lastname, Firstname" automatically when creating the mailbox directly from the EMC?

J

jsilber

The recipient policy does not allow us to change the display name, only the SMTP addresses. When creating a new user account directly from the EMC, the display name is generated as " Firstname Lastname" . When creating a new user account from ADUC, the display name is generated as " Lastname, Firstname" .

Since my email administrators are creating users directly via the EMC, this is causing problems in the GAL. Users created via the EMC appear as " Firstname Lastname" in the GAL, and users created via ADUC appear as " Lastname, Firstname" .

I need all users to appear as " Lastname, Firstname" in the GAL.

J

jsilber

Thanks Novak. I have already seen this article, but as it is for 2007, I was hoping there may be some changes in 2010 that could change this behavior without running a scheduled task.

N

Novak Wu

Hi,

Please understand that the default name & display name formats are &ldquo;<First Name> <Initial>. <Last Name>&rdquo; in ADUC and EMC creation process. Based on my research and test in Exchange 2010, I"m afraid that Task Schedule is still the only option to change the name formats like in Exchange 2007. However, your suggestion is recorded and it is valued to improve our products.

Thanks.

Novak Wu

Status
Not open for further replies.