Post 2010 Migration Public Folder Issues - MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable after Uninstall of Exchan

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan Zalewski

Hello Community! I performed a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010. Besides getting public folders to replicate initally the installation went off without any problems. Users confirmed that public folders were accessible and working. All of the exchange services were disabled on the old server and after a couple weeks of no problems with the new box Exchange 2003 was uninstalled. Now users cannot send email to Mail-Enabled public folders. Upon further researching I attempted to Update the heirarchary of the public folders. The following error occured:

------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------ Action 'Update Hierarchy' couldn't be performed.

Update Hierarchy
Failed
Error:
Cannot start hierarchy replication on public folder database 'Public Folder Database 0202586357'.

MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable: StartHierachyReplication failed. (hr=0x80004005, ec=1129)
Diagnostic context:
Lid: 1494 ---- Remote Context Beg --
Lid: 18084 StoreEc: 0xFFFFF9BF
Lid: 33819 StoreEc: 0x469
Lid: 27225 StoreEc: 0x469
Lid: 1750 ---- Remote Context End --
Lid: 26322 StoreEc: 0x469
------------------------ OK

I researched the problem and did further troubleshooting. I ran " Get-PublicFolder –Recurse | fl Name, Replicas" and I do have replicas for all of the public folders.

Has anyone ever run across this? Any Ideas?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

How many public folder servers do you have? If you have only one, then there's nowhere to replicate.Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

Ryan Zalewski

There is only one public folder server. Is my issue that the Exchange 2010 server is attempting to replicate with a server that no longer exists? Do you have any ideas about how to get this working? Thanks!!

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

I was addressing the Update-PublicFolderHierarchy error, which I think is normal since you have nowhere to replicate from when you have one public folder server.

To help diagnose your mail-enabled folder issue, run:

Get-MailPublicFolder

and see if the folder of interest is in the list of mail-enabled public folders. If it isn't, mail-enable it. If it is mail-enabled, then run:

Get-PublicFolder -Identity " \Root Folder\Child Folder\Folder of Interest" | Format-List

and see if there is a replica still on the Exchange 2003 server. If there is, run the RemoveReplicaFromPFRecursive.ps1 script and remove the Exchange 2003 server replicas from all folders. While you're at it, run it on the " \NON_IPM_SUBTREE" node since you probably have system folder replicas on Exchange 2003 too.

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Please follow these steps to check if your public database has the correct mail address:

1. On DC, open adsiedit.msc.

2. Expand to [CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com; CN=Services; CN=Administrative Groups; CN=Administrative Group (FYD********);CN=Servers; CN=YourExchange2010;CN=InformationStore;CN=SecondStorage Group].

3. Right click CN=Public Folder Database and choose properties. Locate the Mail, set the value to PublicFolderDatabase@yourdomain.com

4. Locate proxyAddresses, set the value to:

SMTP:publicFolderDatabase@yourdomain.com

X400:C=US;P=First Organizati;O=Exchange;S=PublicFolderDatabase

5. Restart the Ex2010 server when it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M First post -help with managing two calendars Outlook 2010 /Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 0
B Excel 2010 vba to post appts to different outlook calendars at the same time Using Outlook 6
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
R Post Patch Issues (2008 R2 w/ Exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 5
S cross post please read: Exchange Account password prompt in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
S Exchange 2010 SP1 Post Installation issues Exchange Server Administration 13
T Exchange 2010 - Post Installation Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
Fozzie Bear Cannot post "Sneaky URL"!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
PMR0001 Mydomain Outlook.com and Exchange post EAS Using Outlook 1
W "Post" icon on some contacts Using Outlook 1
wallisellener Unable to reply/post/create new thread using Chrome BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
H Where to post code in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Custom form on one page to post contents on second page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Post Form Follow Up Flag Using Outlook 4
A POST customized as a form Using Outlook 2
C How do I share/post my calendar to public folders Exchange Server Administration 3
T OWA and post dating Exchange Server Administration 1
B EMC Permissions (Already tried solution in other post) Exchange Server Administration 1
I Post outlook connector installation syndrome - Standby gone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A DAG Mailbox Failover - Client Acces post failover Exchange Server Administration 4
S Accessing Calender information post migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2020 using Outlook2003 client. Exchange Server Administration 4
J Will OSTs need to be re-generated post migration to E2010 for those users already in cached mode? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Post SP1 installation event log warning re AD issue Exchange Server Administration 10
S Pre SP1 using Managed Folders Policy - Post SP1 what do I do? Retention Policy? Exchange Server Administration 2
B Post form into share calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Unable to deactivate Direct Booking - "cannot directly book a resource for this meeting" Post Exchan Using Outlook 19
R Hi, ken, GetState problem again, come in this post please? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
F how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010 Using Outlook 8
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3