Post 2010 Migration Public Folder Issues - MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable after Uninstall of Exchan

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan Zalewski

Hello Community! I performed a migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010. Besides getting public folders to replicate initally the installation went off without any problems. Users confirmed that public folders were accessible and working. All of the exchange services were disabled on the old server and after a couple weeks of no problems with the new box Exchange 2003 was uninstalled. Now users cannot send email to Mail-Enabled public folders. Upon further researching I attempted to Update the heirarchary of the public folders. The following error occured:

------------------------ Microsoft Exchange Error
------------------------ Action 'Update Hierarchy' couldn't be performed.

Update Hierarchy
Failed
Error:
Cannot start hierarchy replication on public folder database 'Public Folder Database 0202586357'.

MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable: StartHierachyReplication failed. (hr=0x80004005, ec=1129)
Diagnostic context:
Lid: 1494 ---- Remote Context Beg --
Lid: 18084 StoreEc: 0xFFFFF9BF
Lid: 33819 StoreEc: 0x469
Lid: 27225 StoreEc: 0x469
Lid: 1750 ---- Remote Context End --
Lid: 26322 StoreEc: 0x469
------------------------ OK

I researched the problem and did further troubleshooting. I ran " Get-PublicFolder –Recurse | fl Name, Replicas" and I do have replicas for all of the public folders.

Has anyone ever run across this? Any Ideas?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

How many public folder servers do you have? If you have only one, then there's nowhere to replicate.Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

R

Ryan Zalewski

There is only one public folder server. Is my issue that the Exchange 2010 server is attempting to replicate with a server that no longer exists? Do you have any ideas about how to get this working? Thanks!!

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

I was addressing the Update-PublicFolderHierarchy error, which I think is normal since you have nowhere to replicate from when you have one public folder server.

To help diagnose your mail-enabled folder issue, run:

Get-MailPublicFolder

and see if the folder of interest is in the list of mail-enabled public folders. If it isn't, mail-enable it. If it is mail-enabled, then run:

Get-PublicFolder -Identity " \Root Folder\Child Folder\Folder of Interest" | Format-List

and see if there is a replica still on the Exchange 2003 server. If there is, run the RemoveReplicaFromPFRecursive.ps1 script and remove the Exchange 2003 server replicas from all folders. While you're at it, run it on the " \NON_IPM_SUBTREE" node since you probably have system folder replicas on Exchange 2003 too.

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Please follow these steps to check if your public database has the correct mail address:

1. On DC, open adsiedit.msc.

2. Expand to [CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com; CN=Services; CN=Administrative Groups; CN=Administrative Group (FYD********);CN=Servers; CN=YourExchange2010;CN=InformationStore;CN=SecondStorage Group].

3. Right click CN=Public Folder Database and choose properties. Locate the Mail, set the value to PublicFolderDatabase@yourdomain.com

4. Locate proxyAddresses, set the value to:

SMTP:publicFolderDatabase@yourdomain.com

X400:C=US;P=First Organizati;O=Exchange;S=PublicFolderDatabase

5. Restart the Ex2010 server when it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.