Best Practice for Large Messages NDRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

it-works'

Hi,

We have EX 2010. When a user sends a large attachement like 50MB it goes to the other user's mailbox but Blackberry rejects it (Blackberry Limit) and the user gets this:

" This message is too large to send. To be able to send it make the message smaller, for example, by removing attachments."

I understand it's a normal behavior because the BB obviously rejects the large attachements. My question is can I disable " this specific NDR" from going back to the senders, while me (admin) being able to keep receiving it?

Any suggestions on best practice would be much appreciated.

Thanks Much!

" #< #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host> #SMTP#"

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Why wouldnt you want that NDR to go to the sender?

Not sure what you are asking.

G

Gulab Mallah

As Andy said Why?
Why you want to do it? Any specific reason/

-Gulab

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

My question is can I disable " this specific NDR" from going back to the senders, while me (admin) being able to keep receiving it?

Based on my experience, it is unable to do this on exchange server.

I

it-works'

Sorry for the delay.

{Why wouldnt you want that NDR to go to the sender?}

The senders already know that the bb rejects large attachements, if they send this user 20 emails a day with large attachments this could be annoying.... The emails arrive at the mailbox so they basically disregard this message.

it-works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
oliv- Best practice for catching mailitem.events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
Horsepower Email best practice Using Outlook 3
R Multiple CAS - Best practice with certificate request Exchange Server Administration 4
K Edge transport and TMG best practice NLB Exchange Server Administration 1
D Exchange Best Practice for DEV/TEST/PROD Exchange Server Administration 2
D Exchange 2010\Outlook 2010 - Mailbox size best practice? Exchange Server Administration 3
D Domain has an unknown Exchange signature (Best practice analyser on exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 4
S Best Practice for updating AD for Exch 2010? Exchange Server Administration 4
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
Rupert Dragwater What is the best way to back up pst Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky The Best Outlook Store Add-ins Contest New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M What is the best way to find all records of an e-mail for our company? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Best approach for restarting custom task form development after seemingly corrupt form environment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X Best utility for repairing PST files? Using Outlook 3
S Best method to use Outlook Standalone with iPhone New Slipstick.com Articles 13
D a suggestion ...sent with the best intentions Using Outlook 1
B What is the best way to use Outlook address book to select customer and then open Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
M How best to track OUTGOING referrals? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M best duplicate contact remover? Using Outlook 6
jobudge Reinstalled Outlook 2013 after system crash what is best way to synch with gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
P Best way to locally backup/archive Gmail? Using Outlook 1
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
O What are best practices for a re-install Office 13 w/BCM with OS re-install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G what is the best way to organize outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
D What would be the best strategy? Using Outlook 3
crazyboy BCM Installation Best Practices? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J Best way to move form old to new, larger pst? Using Outlook 2
M Best way to move outlook? Using Outlook 1
R Best way to share outlook calendar with 10 laptops Using Outlook 9
N Outlook 2010, Categories, best way to filter contacts? Using Outlook 5
F Best Non MS Exchange 2010 book for beginners? Exchange Server Administration 7
S CAS/MBX reboot best practices. Exchange Server Administration 7
L best rule/macro to send emails from many people/orgs to same folder Using Outlook 3
R Any "Best Practices" for a test/developer Exchange 2010 server? Exchange Server Administration 2
C Best way to effectively back up Outlook Calendar (and save Categories) and Email as well???? Using Outlook 6
R Best practices for creating "Equipment" mailbox resources? Using Outlook 1
M Exchange 2010: What to monitor - best practices Exchange Server Administration 4
K Best case scenerio to reduce disk space usage Exchange Server Administration 5
B What Card Scanner is best to use w/Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
F Best Recovery Tools! Exchange Server Administration 3
S Best way to Segment my data base please? Using Outlook 1
D Best Method to Merge two companies Exchange environments one is on Exchange 2007 and the other on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B How to set up all Staff Calendar - Best Practices Using Outlook 2
J best practices for the reading pane Using Outlook 1