Services Startup Problems - Exchange 2010 - Server 2008 R2 - Hyper-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SDLEDV

Hi

I get a couple of erros when I boot my Exchange 2010 server running on Hyper-V. The following event log entries appear when I boot the VM.

As you can see the first Warning is 1007 MSexchange Mailbox Replication. Followed by a couple other errors which are probable a result of the first warning.

The VM (2008 R2 + Exch 2010) is fully patched, also the Hypervisor (HP ProLiant DL380 G7 + 2008 R2) is running the latest updates and patches.
All I know is that there are several reasons why this could happen, the following blog post mentions a couple them. Here: http://www.sysadminsblog.com/microsoft/event-1007-%E2%80%93-msexchange-mailbox-replication/

In my case I noticed the virtual NIC (Mircosoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter) takes really long to initialize when I boot the VM and this may be the root cause.

When I boot the VM and log on to the console immediately, I can see the systray NIC icon is frozen and I cannot browse the network sharing center. It takes very long for the virtual NIC to initialize (like 3 to 4 minutes) and I have no idea why. After the NIC is initalized everything seems to work fine.

The VM is configured with one virtual NIC - static IP address, IPv6 is disabled. Integration Services are installed.

This might not even be an Exchange issue but a Hyper-V issue or a mix of both, I'm not sure. If you feel this belongs to the Hyper-V forums feel free to move the thread.

I found a similar thread to this here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/fc1285f4-b6fc-4e22-8ae5-fe0015f6de1d the poster seems to the same problem with a similar configuration.

I really need to solve this, if you need any additional information please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sebastian

S

SDLEDV

Today I decided to shutdown the Exchange server an recover it by using the /M:RecoverServer switch on another VM.

What I did:

shutdown Exchange

reset computer account

installed 2008 R2

installed EXCH with SP1

restored database using Windows Server Backup

Everything went fine so far, the virtual NIC seems to initialize normally now. But there are still errors on boot, see:

Again, Exchange seems to work fine but I'd like to know why these errors appear.

EDIT:

When you look at the Date and Time column, after the last error at 12:15:02 everything seems to work fine.

Now look at the system log at the same time:

12:15:02 Iphlpsvc

Isatap interface isatap.{3D04CC9D-FA77-412F-A25A-10199F3C407C} with address fe80::5efe:10.10.10.3 has been brought up. (Is this the actual network adapter that has just initialized?)

12:15:08 Service Control Manager

The Microsoft Exchange Transport service entered the running state.

12:15:09 Service Control Manager

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service entered the running state.

I still suspect the NIC to be the root cause.

C

Christian Weihs

Hi Sebestian,

Yes, recoverserver works very well!

Best regards back to germany! ;-)
Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Exchange 2010 Services are not starting automatic on startup Exchange Server Administration 39
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy New Slipstick.com Articles 1
G Problems with Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 0
S Customizing Connected Services in Office 2013 Pro Plus (O365) Using Outlook 1
C active/passive broadband connections to maintain various IT services Exchange Server Administration 2
H MobileMe Services Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 27
C Troubleshooting Sync Services for Mac Using Outlook 0
R Federation Gateway Services & 2010 RTM Exchange Server Administration 4
J sync services Using Outlook 1
I add the domains into AD Domains and Services windows server 2008 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Installing Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition Using Outlook 1
R Odd Directory Services Event Errors Exchange Server Administration 6
M Outlook 2007 & Attachment Previewers in a Terminal Services Environment Using Outlook 2
M Outlook resends random emails when using Terminal Services Using Outlook 3
S Online trainings on Exchange Server 2010/Windows Server 2008 Directory Services Exchange Server Administration 4
C Exchange 2010 UM & Avaya SIP Services 5 Exchange Server Administration 1
A Error with starting Exchange services (Address book and Mailbox replications) Exchange Server Administration 4
J HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeRPC\ParametersSystem is missing Exchange Server Administration 3
S gettihg e-mails in two different e-mail services Using Outlook 2
V Exchange Server 2007 Services not working Using Outlook 3
M Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPM Using Outlook 3
I Exchange EMC Fails To Open After Uninstalling Windows Certificate Services on the Server Exchange Server Administration 4
H Exchange 2010 services all fail after KB982639 Rollup 4, rollback causes WinRM client problems and services problems Exchange Server Administration 1
V Moving Email Items between Mailboxes with Exchange Web Services Exchange Server Administration 1
H Exchange 2010 Availability Services w/Free/Busy issues? Exchange Server Administration 12
R Outlook Web Access via Blackberry Internet Services Exchange Server Administration 14
E BCM instalation in terminal services mode BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V macro runs slower on startup than after Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2016: /altvba startup switch does not work Using Outlook 2
O VBA to Run Font Change on Outlook Startup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Choose-outlook-startup-folder with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
EricW Outlook 2013 Startup Failures Using Outlook 15
Sarge USMC troubleshooting slow startup Using Outlook 6
I Outlook 03 slow startup Using Outlook 5
P Outlook 2010 will not receive on startup Using Outlook 0
B Initial "Connecting" to public folders on startup Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2003 - error on startup Using Outlook 3
D Resolving WinRM errors and Exchange 2010 Management tools startup failures Exchange Server Administration 0
G Send/Receive is extremely sluggish on startup or wakeup Using Outlook 1
K How Do I Minimize Outlook to System Tray at Startup? Using Outlook 10
D Problem with OL2010 startup Using Outlook 1
S outlook 2003 crashes on startup Using Outlook 3
O OUTLOOK CRASHES ON STARTUP !!!!!!!!!! Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010 Freezes at Startup Using Outlook 1
O Re: OUTLOOK 2007 Crashes on startup Using Outlook 6
J Outlook 2007 and 2010 - hangs at "Loading Profile" on startup Using Outlook 11
J Want Hotmail Inbox to Open on Outlook Startup Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2003 will ONLY send email at startup Using Outlook 1