Problems accessing console of Exchange 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Please help me

• Thread starter Julio Carlos Sanchez Vaz
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Julio Carlos Sanchez Vaz

Hello Friends
I am facing a serious problem in a new installation of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 STD, Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent.
I did a clean install with no problems when I access the console of Exchange Server 2010 I get the error message I've listed below:

Connecting to New Exchange Forest.
The attempt to connect using HTTPS protocol " Kerberos" failed: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: " winrm quickconfig" . For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
The attempt to connect using HTTPS protocol " Basic" failed: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. Unencrypted traffic is currently disabled in the client configuration. Change the client configuration and try the request again. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting..

ortant: This is a staging environment, I have no antivirus installed, only the Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
I know it is not recommended for this type of environment, but since I'm only approved for testing and possible approval to integrate Exchange Server 2010 with SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint 2010 is working perfectly, just get the error message when you access the console of Exchange 2010.
If you can help me, thanks

Julio Vaz (5511) 8420-7262

K

Krogan

Hi Julio,

Try these steps :

Step 1:

Run WinRM quick config

WinRM already is set up to receive requests on this machine.

WinRM already is set up for remote management on this machine.

Step 2:

IIS manager à Default website à Edit bindings à Confirm HTTP is configured to work on port 80

(If customer is running more than 1 website make sure default website is working on port 80 )

WinRM 2.0 no longer uses Port 80.

Since Power shell virtual directory is placed under default website if the default website is not configured to work on port 80. We will not be able to browse any virtual directories under default website.

Step 3:

IIS manager à Default website à Edit bindings à HTTP à hostname value should be blank

(Some time you will see hostname as local host)

Step 4:

Try accessing OWA and the default website from the IIS and make sure we are able to access the websites. (Some time we may get HTTP error 500)

SSL is not required on the Powershell virtual directory.

- Vinit

------------------

J

Julio Carlos Sanchez Vaz

Hello Krogan
Get answers from the command winrm quickconfig "
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C: Windows system32> winrm quickconfig
Already WinRM is set up to receive requests on this machine.
Already WinRM is set up for remote management on this machine.
C: Windows system32> iisreset / noforce
Attempting stop ...
Internet services successfully stopped
Attempting start ...
Internet services successfully restarted

WinRM already is set up to receive requests on this machine.

WinRM already is set up for remote management on this machine.

( OK )

Step 2:

IIS manager à Default website à Edit bindings à Confirm HTTP is configured to work on port 80

(If customer is running more than 1 website make sure default website is working on port 80 )

WinRM 2.0 no longer uses Port 80.

Since Power shell virtual directory is placed under default website if the default website is not configured to work on port 80. We will not be able to browse any virtual directories under default website.

( OK )

Step 3:

IIS manager à Default website à Edit bindings à HTTP à hostname value should be blank

(Some time you will see hostname as local host)

( OK )

Step 4:

Try accessing OWA and the default website from the IIS and make sure we are able to access the websites. (Some time we may get HTTP error 500)

SSL is not required on the Powershell virtual directory.

( OK )
********************Perfect**********************THE BEST MR.Krogan******************Thanks...thanks...thanks****************

Now is working, thank you for your help.
Have a great weekend my friend
Julio Vaz (5511) 8420-7262

D

Dale Gibbs

Hi guys

I have the same issue and althoug h I have gone through the steps, i cannot start WebSites as it informs me I have another server running

Any other suggestions what could be wrong?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.