How to force routing between two internal smtp domains across Two Edge servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MATTBN12345

Hi all,

I have a question about mailflow routing. Hereafter a brief description of my environment :

Two AD sites : Site A and Site B

1 HT/CAS/MBX and 1 Edge in each site

Two internal SMTP accepted domains: @a.com and @b.com. An SMTP policy is set as follow:

@a.com addresses for users in site A and @b.com addresses for users in site B

For specifics reasons, is it possible to force routing from @A.com to @B.con using EDGE servers (external way), and not directly between the two Hub Transport servers (internal way) ?

Thank's for your help

Matt

M

mjolinor

I think that should be do-able. On the Edge Server in Site A, create a new send connector with a namespace of b.com, and a smarthost of the Edge Server in Site B. It should use that connector to route all the email addressed to recipients @ b.com, as long as the Edge Server in Site B is available. [string](0..33|%{[char][int](46+(" 686552495351636652556262185355647068516270555358646562655775 0645570" ).substring(($_*2),2))})-replace " "

M

MATTBN12345

Thank's for your reply.

We need to force SMTP traffic between the two AD site across internet (using EDGE servers), and not across the WAN (Hut Transport).

I was not sure if Exchange allow this configuration or not.

Thank's again

Matt

M

mjolinor

I've never tried it between two Edge servers, but I have forced routing of inbound mail to specific domains to an Ironport appliance instead of the HT servers, and it works for that. I don't see any reason sending it to another ET server wouldn't work just as well.[string](0..33|%{[char][int](46+(" 686552495351636652556262185355647068516270555358646562655775 0645570" ).substring(($_*2),2))})-replace " "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Re: How to force routing between two internal smtp domains across Two Edge servers Exchange Server Administration 7
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Force account selection for sending reply emails Using Outlook 1
C Force account selection - no reg path nor can create one Using Outlook 9
D How to force full message download for all Gmail messages in all folders with IMAP in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
D Updating Registry to force new task and note items to save in a particular folder Using Outlook 1
S Force Outlook to use TCP Using Outlook 1
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
R Force use of general outbox Using Outlook 1
F force new meetings and appointments to send from my IMAP account Using Outlook 7
A How can I force Outlook 2003 to use A4 paper? Using Outlook 6
J Force the 'From' account Using Outlook 1
G Macro to Force Filing of Outlook Inbox Using Outlook 9
T Copied Contact Does Not Update With Active Directory Information Changes Immediately. How Do I Force Update? Using Outlook 1
P Force Outlook 2010 to access Exchange Server ? Using Outlook 4
C Force Outlook to use specific address when sending any message to a chosen domain Using Outlook 1
R Some emails force a crash when opened or viewed in the reading pane. Using Outlook 4
D VBA code running on Server? Shared mailbox email routing Using Outlook 3
S Moving Legacy Routing Group Connectors Exchange Server Administration 3
B Routing Group Connector between Exchange 2003 and 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
M Routing Group Connectors 2003 / 2007 / 2010 Co-existence Exchange Server Administration 2
R Multiple Domains routing through multiple send connectors Exchange Server Administration 5
C Exchange Addon to do Sender Based Routing Exchange Server Administration 1
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S Moving Emails Between Archive Folders Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
K Macro to search emails between two time slots on public folders with excel export Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
H Sync Contacts between Office 365 and Gmail. Exchange Server Administration 3
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
V Difference between attachment displayname and filename Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Passing Attachments between forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Is it possible to have contacts sync real-time between Outlook and iCloud? Using Outlook 1
W Sync categories between Exchange and 2007 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Updating between Smartphone and PC Using Outlook 3
M moving custom field data between outlook and excel? Using Outlook 4
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
Commodore Difference between Facebook entries in browser vs. people pane Using Outlook 2
P Sync 2013 calendar between 2 devices -Surface 2 and Desktop using Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
X When travel between time zones Calendar Daily Items a fixed times vs Meetings? Using Outlook 2
Y Search/list all emails sent between 6pm to 12am in the past 30 days Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 Delete and Paste Between Fields Using Outlook 25
X VBA: Confused with variables between ThisOutlookSession and UserForm Using Outlook 1
R Slow Calendar Synch Between Outlook 2013 and iCloud Using Outlook 5
B Syncing Outlook 2010 between two computers Using Outlook 1