The default e-mail account keeps switching to another account. I have to manually switch it back everytime I open Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HTSteel

I have Outlook 2003 SP3. The default e-mail account keeps switching to another account. I have to manually switch it back everytime I open Outlook.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

If you use an Exchange account and/or SBS2003, its probably a logon script doing it. Seehttp://www.slipstick.com/problems/defaultacct.htm for more information. You'll need your admin to fix it, or make a new profile.

Otherwise, what type of email accounts do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Changing default Mail Account in Outlook 2016 - POP3 Using Outlook 1
R OL10 - Send To "Mail Recipient" doesn't go to default email account Using Outlook 23
H Sent items only show up in default mail account Using Outlook 1
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky To Change the Default E-mail Program in Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6
C Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot ... Using Outlook 1
T Make Default Outlook 2010 Client Mail Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010- Be able to move default Mail folders (Outbox, Draft, etc) Outlook Wishlist 1
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1
D Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The server is not available. Contact your adminstrator if t Using Outlook 3
B Changing E-Mail Address Default Using Outlook 3
D Can not find your mail folders by default. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load Using Outlook 2
C Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Exchange Server Administration 4
Z Unable to open your default e-mail folders Using Outlook 6
B "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recei Using Outlook 1
J Cannot open your default e-mail folder. The file "C\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlo Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010-could not perform function; default mail client not properly installed-when trying to a Using Outlook 1
C Can not set Outlook 2010 as default e-mail. Using Outlook 2
B Problems with Default to text and need to change to HTML. Must change Font each time I handle mail or typing. Using Outlook 1
A Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed Using Outlook 25
A windows not detecting outlook pro 2010 64 bit as the default mail program Using Outlook 1
R Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and Using Outlook 2
C Set Outlook 2007 to display mail the default way. Using Outlook 3
N I can't change from Outlook to Yahoo! Mail as my default. Yahoo! Mail does not show up in the Intern Using Outlook 1
A E-Mail default fonts Using Outlook 1
C Default Mail Client???? Using Outlook 5
L Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\LeannJane Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010, No default mail client, Windows 7! Using Outlook 2
J HOW TO SET DEFAULT E-MAIL FONTS AND LINE SPACING - using a theme for a particular e-mail butn don't know how to set so it stays that way for the next Using Outlook 1
A MS Outlook won't load... Error message>>> "Cannot open your default e-mail folder:" Using Outlook 4
I Where do the default mail profiles come from? Using Outlook 3
R "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging requ Using Outlook 17
R Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed. Using Outlook 5
P Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened. Using Outlook 7
S Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request Using Outlook 13
B Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log on to Microsoft Exchange has failed. Exchange Server Administration 10
R How to remove or move the default Junk e-mail folder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Error: Cannot Open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on. Exchange Server Administration 16
C How do I change the default character spacing in Outlook e-mail? Using Outlook 3
A Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
O How come default profile changed? Using Outlook 2