Display name of contacts when receiving mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OpperKlet

In Exchange/AD contacts are created for external people working for other companies in the same group using their own mail environment. These contacts are distributed by the mother company (delegation on a certain OU in AD) automatically.
Contact e.g.: JDoe@external.com with a display name set to something like " J DOE COMPANY" .

In the old Exchange 2003 environment the display name given in the AD contact was displayed in their Outlook when people received mail from such an external mail address. This customer wants now the same behavior on the new Exchange 2010 environment. The mail environment was migrated from 2003 to a newly created domain/mail environment using Quest.
I've tried about everything I could think of and looked around on the internet but I can't figure out a setting that has an impact on this.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Pascal VH.

S

Steve Goodman

Hi Pascal,

Are the AD contacts mail-enabled in Exchange 2010?

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

A

Allen Song

Hi,

In the Exchange 2003, you can ResolveP2 for the Anonymous users by configuring under SMTP VS. But in Exchange 2010, you have to work around this issue based on the below article:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx
You will be granting several rights including the ability to send on behalf of users in your organization, the ability to ResolveP2

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

O

OpperKlet

Hi Allen,

I tested your solution in a test environment and it does solve the question. Thanks! I will now create a report concerning the security risks involved and present this to my customer so they can decide if they realy want this. Thanks again for your help.

@ Victor,

I will try to see/test what you proposed as well but my russian isn't that good lately :)

Thanks everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Display as name in outlook contacts changes Using Outlook 5
F I have 'display as' in all my contacts in outlook 2010 but when I email any number of my contacts it shows the name and email address of al Using Outlook 1
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
soadfan Outlook rules look up display name only Using Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Change the Display Name recipients see for Exchange account Exchange Server Administration 0
R Coming from Thunderbird: "Always prefer display name over message header" Using Outlook 1
G Wrong display name in from column when removing pf replication Exchange Server Administration 1
J How to display senders name in inbox Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2010 / Emails received show with display name and not email address Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2010 contact e-mail Display as: does not show contact name Using Outlook 2
W OL2013 contact display name not showing Using Outlook 2
J outlook having sort by date or from unable to display sender name. Using Outlook 2
R account display name Using Outlook 2
C [outlook-users] Display Name Using Outlook 3
G Changing my outgoing mail display name 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
J Display Name from autoresolve is wrong. Using Outlook 1
D Display on Address Cards Does not Reflect the Name of the Contact Using Outlook 2
B Outlook Mailbox display name Using Outlook 2
J Change Display name to "Lastname, Firstname" Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
C Change my display name for outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T display name changes randomly for only one end-user Using Outlook 3
D How to rename the display name of the primary outlook mailbox in Outlook 2010 / Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Attachments - Display attachment name and date rather than name and file size Using Outlook 1
D outlook display name error "ªÑªÇÒÅ à¨ÕÂûÃоĵÔ" Using Outlook 2
N Display online status next to name is greyed out Using Outlook 4
F Change GAL to display last name, first name in Exchange 2010? Exchange Server Administration 10
O Folder name display simplify chinese font for hotmail account within Outlook? Using Outlook 2
B Configure Outlook 2003 to ALWAYS display the sender's email address and name, in "To" field. Using Outlook 1
E change display name Exchange Server Administration 1
M How to make Display Name in email as someone@company.com in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
J Is there a way to change the 'display as' field after the email field on an Outlook contact to show as the first and last name instead of th Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 display name, alias Using Outlook 2
A Compare incoming FROM display name to contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E How do I change the display name of a .pst store Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E How do I change the display name of a .pst store Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K E2K7 and simple display name in outgoing messages Using Outlook 1
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
N Contact display as Using Outlook 2
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O How to display number of items per .pst file Using Outlook 7
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9