CAS Connections overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CKZ-NLD

Is there some sort of code that is providing me the amount of connections to the CAS server.

The cmd get-logonstatistics is not telling me the active connections.

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

What kind of CAS connections are you looking to get counts for? You can get Performance Counters that may provide the information you want, for example:

Get-Counter -counter " \MSExchange OWA\Current Unique Users"

Will show the number of logged in OWA users to that specific CAS server.

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

C

CKZ-NLD

That one is nice indeed. But I need to know who is connected to the CAS server. And if possible with what kind of device(s) they are connected. And if possible what level is the software that is used to connect...

C

CKZ-NLD

This one is nice. But is telling me not enough.

I need to know how many users there are connected, who is connected ( username ), the device that is used.
And if possible the level of the client that is used.

C

CKZ-NLD

Sorry Novak,

My question is relating to the connection to CAS servers. However your info concerning auditing is a nice one. thanks for that.

But not an answer...

When I want to know who ( as in user ) is connectoed through a CAS server there is a blind spot here without using lan sniffers...
and even with a LAN sniffer I'm not certain what account is connected...

C

CKZ-NLD

Why would this invaluable? It's anoying not to know who is connected. There is no easy way to select a user and see all active connections. From user to Servers/computer/devices etc.

I'll find it interesting to know who is connected to a specific CAS server.

TIA

C

CKZ-NLD

After reading some powershell info I created this string:

get-clientaccessServer | Get-LogonStatistics | where {$_.LastAccessTime -like " 12/14/2010 13:*:*" -AND $_.ApplicationID -like " *MSExchangeRPC" }

It is giving me the info about who is connected on a specific date and time by an RPC connection. But with this one I don't have the
OWA connections, the real active users and have duplicates.

Why is it not possible to get an overview about the current active sessions by name/device and CAS servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
A Exchange 2010 CAS Failover from Internet Facing site to Non-Internet Facing Site - Certificate Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
C Watson Error on CAS Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 2
S Load balance Autodiscover with multiple CAS servers. Exchange Server Administration 3
M Fundamental CAS question for Exchange 2010 and 2007 Co-existence... Exchange Server Administration 7
M Exchange ActiveSync HTTP 500 Exchange CAS/HUB 2007 and Exchange 2003 BE & MBX CCR 2007 Using Outlook 1
B CAS Array and NLB Exchange Server Administration 3
S Exchange CAS server OAB directory not showing web.config file Exchange Server Administration 3
T RBAC Error on UM/CAS Servers Exchange Server Administration 2
R FQDN of Exchange CAS servers not in SSL cert Exchange Server Administration 2
D CAS Autodiscover using -rpcclientaccessserver Exchange Server Administration 5
D CAS Design Question Exchange Server Administration 4
D Exchange 2010 CAS at 2 different Sites Exchange Server Administration 2
T Cas server uninstall failed... Now how to reinstall? Exchange Server Administration 4
S Do you need a CAS Server in Order to Use OWA in Exchange 2010 (E14)? Exchange Server Administration 9
D CAS Array Question Exchange Server Administration 11
M Proper way to install Exchange 2010 SP1 on a CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 3
S Any system impact if change exchange 2010 CAS/HUB and Mailbox server IP address Exchange Server Administration 1
B Exchange 2003 OWA/OA/AS over NAT and Exchange 2010 CAS Exchange Server Administration 4
B Re: Exchange 2007 and CAS from Exchange 2010 problem Exchange Server Administration 15
M Re: Exchange 2007 and CAS from Exchange 2010 problem Exchange Server Administration 2
J Segmenting IMAP traffic from CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 8
I Exchange 2007 and CAS from Exchange 2010 problem Exchange Server Administration 4
T ActiveSync proxy problem from Exchange 2010 CAS to Exchange 2007 CAS Exchange Server Administration 5
M CAS Issue: OWA/Outlook remote users cannot login Exchange Server Administration 1
C CAS Proxy problem Exchange Server Administration 5
T CAS Array/RPCClientAccessServer and Outlook profile experiences Exchange Server Administration 8
A Why not using DAG virtual IP/fqdn for CAS array in two nodes setup? Exchange Server Administration 2
R Exchange 2010 CAS high availibility cross datacenters Exchange Server Administration 9
S CAS install failed - "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key" Exchange Server Administration 7
S How to set up domain by default for connections by Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
Sarge USMC Outlook on a machine w/multiple LAN connections Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
C active/passive broadband connections to maintain various IT services Exchange Server Administration 2
L Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB2412171) - Breaks SSL IMAP server connections in Outlook Using Outlook 6
N Stop accepting connections for sending e-mail from users not having a mailbox Exchange Server Administration 6
S How to monitor Exchange 2010 connections? Exchange Server Administration 3