EMC Permissions (Already tried solution in other post)

• Thread starter Brian Bartel
  • Start date Views 642
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian Bartel

I am getting the message that my user account isn't assigned to any management roles when trying to connect to a new Exchange 2010 w/ SP1 installation (CAS only so far). I tried running the scripts indicated in EMC Permissions Gone Part Deux and either I've done something wrong or it doesn't work for me. I tried posting the capture of the output to this message, but apparently it's too long and I don't see a button for attachments. Not sure if you have any other ideas without seeing that output. Basically, everything looks like it's running fine until I get to the step that starts "$Session = New-PSSession". Once I run that line, I get the same error about not being assigned to any management roles. I am signed in with the same ID I was signed in with when I installed Exchange.

Thanks!

Brian

B

Brian Bartel

I called MS Support and found that because my Exchange server is in a child domain I needed to add my user account which is also a member of the child domain to the Organization Management group in the parent domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.