Manage OWA access during the migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 (Resource Forest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlosdlra

Hi !!!

- We have AD W2K3 with Exchange 2003 SP2 in ForestA. ISA 2006 exists...

- We want to move mailboxes from ForestA to ForestB (AD W2K3), Exchange 2010 exists...(Resource Forest).

- Trust relation exists between ForestA and ForestB.

- How can we manage OWA access during coexistence??

Thanks

S

Sembee [MVP]

Two unique URLs and users knowing which URL to use is going to be the only option, because you are going across Forests.
That will mean two IP addresses, SSL certificates etc, and separate publishing rules in ISA.

The trust means nothing.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
Blog | Exchange Resources

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Carlosdlra,
Per your description, it is impossible to achieve your target as your referred.
How could you achieve the redirection through https://...owa, per my known, if the exchange ORG in the different forest, we could not achieve the redirection for the web service.
If you use mailbox of exchange 2010 which is hosted in forest B as a resource forest, and want to use the user account in the Forest A, maybe you need create linked mailbox in the forest B, right?
You need publish all the OWA webURL for the users in the different forests.
Regards!
Gavin

M

Manu.vk

Hi,

As I understand what Carlosdlra says, users are validated in a forest A and mailboxes are located in another forest B
It's right that create linked mailbox in the forest B because users are disabled in this forest.
The architecture is http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997312 (EXCHG.65). Aspx
The period of coexistence during migration (users accessing Exchange 2003 and users who access Exchange 2010), the question is:

How to make a difference access to OWA 2003 and OWA 2010 through ISA server 2006 for non-migrated and migrated users?
I think do it with ISA server 2006 groups and publish all the OWA webURL for each group.

Group A: Access to OWA 2003

Group B: Access to OWA 2010
I have never done this action and do not know if it's possible in ISA server.

Regards!

Manu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Office 365 manage another person's calendar Using Outlook 0
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2013 - Exchange 2007 manage distribution group Exchange Server Administration 1
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How do you manage "mini-projects?" Using Outlook 4
T Manage Rules question Using Outlook 1
F How I manage PST file that received from my client Using Outlook 2
R Can't use "manage linking and tracking" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
A Manage Subfolders for different Email accounts. Using Outlook 7
D How to manage and configure antispam updates for Hub Transport antispam filter agents at "filesystem Exchange Server Administration 1
Z automatically manage flags Using Outlook 1
M Ways to see and manage contact's DL (Contact Group) Membership Using Outlook 2
A No Manage in Public Folder Management Exchange Server Administration 2
M Ways to see and manage contact's DL (Contact Group) Membership Using Outlook 1
S EMC, EMS & Powershell issues. Cannot manage Exchange 2010 after install Exchange Server Administration 4
D Users migrated from exchange 2003 cannot manage Distribution lists from Outlook Exchange Server Administration 7
T Manage multiple calendars so I get multiple appts - can it be reduced? Using Outlook 3
K How many old e-mails can Outlook 2010 store, access, and manage? Megabytes or Gigabytes? Using Outlook 2
D Cannot Save Assigned Access Rights To Delegates for Allowing Another User To Manage the Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 2
R Globally Manage QuickSteps? Using Outlook 1
E How to disabled group management option from ECP and still allow the users to manage from Outlook Exchange Server Administration 2
R Globally Manage QuickSteps? Using Outlook 2
D How to manage unread email Using Outlook 1
J Permissions problems when trying to 'manage Send As' on public folders - Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
D Manage multiple e-mail account with rules Using Outlook 3
E Enerpise Admins don't have right to manage 'send as' right on their own mailbox ?!? Exchange Server Administration 2
D how do you manage a pst file that is 9gb? Using Outlook 3
G Restrict user to manage specific OU Exchange Server Administration 1
K Can't open "Manage Voice Mail" ECP page after enabling UM for a user Exchange Server Administration 9
M Manage Send As not appearing for Recipient Administrators Exchange Server Administration 6
M Cannot manage to set-up an e-mail account. Cannot log-on to server. Using Outlook 9
A Unable to manage DAG Exchange Server Administration 5
J How to Manage 2 Separate Email Accounts Separately on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
C Manage Junk Mail Using Outlook 6
T How do I use RBAC to allow users in a security group the ability to manage all the distribution groups within a particular OU? Exchange Server Administration 13
H Not all Email folders appearing in Manage E-mail Auto-linking BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Manage database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
J OWA vs. Outlook 2016 Bandwidth Exchange Server Administration 1
O Synchronize safe persons Outlook 2016 -> Outlook Web Access (OWA) Using Outlook 30
C OWA External Access - No URL / URL Invalid Exchange Server Administration 2
Diane Poremsky New Office365 Feature: URL Preview in OWA New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J IPAD Outlook OWA App - Help using Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
S Cannot disable OWA light Exchange Server Administration 5
J Stuck using OWA Exchange Server Administration 0
T Outlook Calendar Sync MY GOAL: see work calendar on home desktop w/o OWA Using Outlook 2
T Sync OWA? Exchange Server Administration 0