Unable to recover CASHUB server exchnage 2010

• Thread starter Niroshan Ezra Paulsingh
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Niroshan Ezra Paulsingh

Dear team

When i am trying to recover my CASHUB server using setup.com /m:recoverserver i am getting is error

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchangeSetup
Date: 11/23/2010 4:42:44 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: CASHUB01.Contoso.com
Description:
Exchange Server component Hub Transport Role failed.
Error: Error:
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); if ($exsSid -eq $null -or $exsSid -eq " " ) { $exsSid = get-ExchangeServerGroupSID -DomainController $RoleDomainController } start-setupservice -ServiceName MSExchangeADTopology -ServiceParameters $exsSid,$RoleDomainController" was run: " Service 'MSExchangeADTopology' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server." .

Service 'MSExchangeADTopology' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event" >
<System>
<Provider Name=" MSExchangeSetup" />
<EventID Qualifiers=" 0" >1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>1</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime=" 2010-11-23T11:12:44.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>880</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>CASHUB01.contoso.com</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Hub Transport Role</Data>
<Data>Error:
The following error was generated when " $error.Clear(); if ($exsSid -eq $null -or $exsSid -eq " " ) { $exsSid = get-ExchangeServerGroupSID -DomainController $RoleDomainController } start-setupservice -ServiceName MSExchangeADTopology -ServiceParameters $exsSid,$RoleDomainController" was run: " Service 'MSExchangeADTopology' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server." .

Service 'MSExchangeADTopology' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server.

</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Please help me

Niroshan.P

N

Niroshan Ezra Paulsingh

Dear Team

Any Update on the above Error Message

Now the Disaster recovery failed i am unable to uninstall the installed compontants,

Please help me to uninstall the Failed coampaonents them continue a fresh Disaster recovery Switch

to Recover the failed CASHUB servr

Niroshan.P

S

Saamee

Permissions Required:-

Member of the Local Administrators group of the target server
Exchange server Administrator role in the organization

Steps:

1. Reset the domain computer account for the lost server. To do this:
&bull; Open ADUC
&bull; Locate the computer for the lost server
&bull; Right-click the computer and then click Reset Account
2. Configure the new hardware and install the OS from the Windows 2003 Server 64-bit media.
3. Ensure all the windows components and service packs for the corresponding server roles are applied.
4. Give the new server the same name as the lost server and join it to the domain and reboot.
5. Now install the Exchange 2007 by running Setup.exe with the RecoverServer switch. To do this:
&bull; Open command Prompt
&bull; Navigate to the directory or media contain the Exchange 2007 setup files.
&bull; Type Setup.com /M:RecoverServer
6. Exchange setup files will automatically check the prerequisites and begin to configure the exchange 2007 server role by reading the configuration information from AD.

More Information:
During the recovery process, the switch looks for the attribute msExchCurrentServerRoles. The value of this attribute on the server object indicates the roles that were configured on the server object prior to crash.

Below are the server roles and its corresponding values:-

Mailbox 2
Client Access(CAS) 4
Unified Messaging 16
Hub Transport 32
Edge Transport 64

Things to remember before performing Server Recovery:
&bull; Client Access server: capture the IIS configuration data to an XML file, verify that the transport queues are drained, shut down the old server, and then restore the IIS settings from the XML file after the new server is brought up.
&bull; Mailbox server: Back up all the Exchange 2007 databases on the existing server, shut down the old server, and then restore the Exchange 2007 databases on the new server.
&bull; Unified Messaging server: Back up the Prompts directory, shut down the old server, and then restore the Prompts directory on the new server.
&bull; Edge Transport server: Capture the configuration data to an XML file using cloned configuration tasks, verify that the transport queues are drained, bring the new server online, run Setup, restore the server configuration using cloned configuration tasks, and then run the EdgeSync process to synchronize with Active Directory.

Refer this article for more information. This applies for Exchange 2010 servers too.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123496(EXCHG.80).aspx

N

Niroshanezra

Please find the Solution for this,
The CasHub Server is successfully Recovered Please find the Solution

A user account that has Enterprise Admin and Schema Admins is used to recover the Server
* Added the necessary Service accounts to the Computer container in AD Before running the setup.com /m:recoverserver
Exchange Install Domain Servers Exchange Servers Exchange Trusted Subsystem

Regards

Ezra Paulsingh

Regards Niroshan Ezra Paulsingh My Blog | http://exchange2010info.wordpress.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.