Automatic respond for sending mail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dejan Kašnik

Haj

When I send mail to recipient in exchange 2010 organization, i get automatic reply with subject READ:.... When i tested i noticed that I get this response mail when the original mail comes into recipient outlook. And when recipient read my mail i get another mail with subject READ... (this time in my language), which is that I wanted ant its ok, becouse I have setting in outlook for response about reading. If i disable settings in outlook for response about reading mail, every think works fine,...

So, problem is that i get two response mail for sending mail, but i wanted just one.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Read Receipts are never really a good idea and arent very useful.

THis could be a bug, or a client issue however.

N

Novak Wu

If you would like to use the read receipt feature, you can avoid the sending of duplicate read receipts by having your Exchange clients that are using POP3 or IMAP4 use an alternative client to connect to their Exchange mailboxes. One way to avoid the duplicate read receipt messages is to have your POP3 and IMAP4 clients connect to their mailbox using an Exchange e-mail account through Microsoft Office Outlook. Another way to do this is to have your users who currently use POP3 or IMAP4 switch to using Microsoft Outlook Web Access. When users who are using an Exchange e-mail account or Outlook Web Access use the return receipt option, only one read receipt is sent, when the mail is read by the recipient.

The users who are not using Outlook Web Access or Outlook may be able to avoid being sent duplicate read receipts. To do this, they should try to turn off the read receipt feature from inside the e-mail application they are using.

Thanks.

D

Dejan Kašnik

Hm, I test that and you are correct. For now we are using Outlook 2010 with POP account. If i create Exchange account thats not happened any more. Even in OWA is everythink ok. But for temporary we will still using POP accounts... is here any solution???

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

You could disabling it via powershell. I have not used this or tested it, so I can not tell you if it really works:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125264.aspx

Set-CASMailbox

PopSuppressReadReceipt

The PopSuppressReadReceipt parameter specifies whether to stop duplicate read receipts from being sent to POP3 senders that are using the " send read receipt for messages I send" option in their POP3 e-mail program. This option is set to $false by default. By default, POP3 senders that use the " send read receipt for messages I send" option receive a read receipt in both of the following circumstances:
When messages they send are downloaded by the recipient. When the recipient opens the message.

The valid values and descriptions for this parameter are:
$false POP3 users are sent a read receipt each time a recipient downloads a message. POP3 users are also sent a read receipt when the user opens the message. $true POP3 users that use the " send read receipt for messages I send" option in their e-mail client programs will only receive a read receipt when the recipient opens the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Desktop - Automatic Rule Processing Using Outlook 3
P Threat to being a spammer while sending automatic Emails through VBA Using Outlook 3
reza Macro to automatic reply using orignal mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
B Automatic picture download and changing email addresses Using Outlook 3
J why won't the automatic send/receive work Using Outlook 7
S rule, automatic replies, restricting them to within the company Using Outlook 1
I Automatic reply to an email Using Outlook 0
P Daily Automatic Reply Using Outlook 1
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
R automatic signature Using Outlook 0
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
H Automatic excel data added to Certain Emails that are received Using Outlook 3
M Automatic Bcc Using Outlook 2
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
K automatic cleanup folder Using Outlook 3
B How to automatic save Sending or replying contacts e-mails into contacts? Using Outlook 0
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
C Text reply mail in Outlook 2010 has automatic margin indent Using Outlook 9
T Automatic forwarding rule strips attachment Using Outlook 3
C How do I cancel automatic e-mail forwarding? Using Outlook 1
F Schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute Using Outlook 1
O I suddenly can't open Outlook after getting a microsoft automatic update. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook email not working since last automatic update. Using Outlook 2
A How do I stop automatic e-mail forwarding? Using Outlook 2
C Configuring automatic reply with an approved message attached to original received message that will be forward to a 3rd party Using Outlook 2
R Automatic Send/Receive when Opening 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Automatic back up of Outlook & BCM Using Outlook 3
C Email automatic paragraph and symbol formatting Using Outlook 1
R (GPO?) Setting that controls automatic picture download Outlook 2002 Using Outlook 3
M Download pictures automatic in incoming mails Using Outlook 1
R Disable automatic creation of outlook 2010 contacts for recipients Using Outlook 5
R outlook 2010 Automatic replies not opening Using Outlook 1
E Re: Disable automatic creation of outlook 2010 contacts for recipients Exchange Server Administration 2
H Outlook 2010 IMAP folders in Favorites and automatic mail check. Using Outlook 5
D Disable Automatic Folder Expansion Using Outlook 2
A Automatic print in outlook: Using rules and alerts Using Outlook 3
Z How to disable Automatic Wrap Text for sent email? Using Outlook 3
M Exchange 2010 Services are not starting automatic on startup Exchange Server Administration 39
J Automatic Send Receive not working Using Outlook 2
R How to disable automatic send/receive in Outlook2010 Using Outlook 7
P Automatic personalized reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Stop automatic opening BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P propagate automatic formatting to other Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: Propogate Automatic Formatting to Other Folder in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1