Problems WinRM on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 - Showing errors then success messages intermittent

• Thread starter TheDanO39
  • Start date Views 3,894
T

TheDanO39

Hiya Guys on the Forums,

I am just starting out with my own server. I have Server 2008 R2 Standard and have also installed Exchange Server 2010. I have been having problems with WinRM and connecting via Exchange PowerShell 2010 before, and I seemed to fix these. Then I tested the listener configuration on CMD. All ok. Then I try it again about 3 seconds later, and it shows 2 exactly-the-same error messages saying:

The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: " winrm quickconfig"

Error number: -2144108526 0x80338012

The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: " winrm quickconfig"

Thanks guys,

TheDanO39

T

Tom Vanopoulos

Open up a command prompt and type the following winrm quickconfig choose Yes for the options it asks for.

After doing so are you able to open up the EMC and EMS without any issues? If it doesn't open successfully then repost the error message if it has changed.

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 | MCITP: Server Administrator | MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring | MCP | MCDST

T

TheDanO39

Hello Tom,

I ran winrm quickconfig in a CMD window. It started the WinRM service and told me it was already set up for Remote Management.

Then I launched EMS and it came up with a different message as followed:

The WinRM client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is absent or invalid. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

+ CatagoryInfo : Openerror: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportException

+FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed

This message is displayed twice and then the existing message is also shown:

The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: " winrm quickconfig" . For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

+ CatagoryInfo : Openerror: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [], PSRemotingTransportException

+FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionOpenFailed

I must add that when I keep running the command winrm quickconfig I sometimes got the all clear but then at other times I would get

Error number: -2144108526 0x80338012

again.

If you could help with this problem I would be so grateful.

Thanks again guys,

TheDanO39

T

Tom Vanopoulos

Can you take a look at the following article? It has a few troubleshooting steps when launching the Exchange 2010 management console. Also, make sure that you are logging into the domain with the Administrative account.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/jribeiro/archive/2010/04/05/troubleshooting-exchange-2010-management-tools-startup-issues.aspx

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 | MCITP: Server Administrator | MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring | MCP | MCDST

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Please follow these steps to check if the IIS settings:

Step 1

=======

IIS manager -> Default website ->Edit bindings->Confirm HTTP is configured to work on port 80

Step 2

========

IIS manager->Default website->Edit bindings->HTTP, hostname value should be blank

Step 3

========

Make sure that SSL is not enabled on the Powershell virtual directory.

Then run iisreset to restart IIS related services.