The cluster network name is not online Exchange 2010 sp1 DAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

admin555

I have a client with 2 Exchange 2010 servers in DAG. The passive is locate at another building and the two are connected via a T1 connection. Things were working ok until a few days ago. Now anytime the server reboots the cluster name\ip resource will not come back online. If I wait long enough it will eventually come back online after manually selecting bring resource on line. Both server are 2008 sp2 enterprise.

I'm getting errors event id 1025 and 1069 failoverclustering as source

This is causing my backups to fail so any help with this would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T

TWHarrington

Where is your File Share Witness located? Is it up and running/healthy?

G

Gulab Mallah

Provide the details of those event id, it seems like you have Network Letancy or some issue with DNS, FSW.

Gulab | Skype: gulab.mallah

K

Khoj Sahiwala

Check the dependendies, Cluster logs whether cluster has been upgraded .

Run the cluster validation report , it may require a downtime or failover ( which can be avoided) and paste the result

J

James-Luo

Quote: “If I wait long enough it will eventually come back online after manually selecting bring resource on line”

Why do you need to wait long time? Is there any error if you try to bring it online immediately after the reboot?

Have any new patches or third party software been installed on the DAG members right before this issue appears?

Please check the DAG by using the suggestions in the posts above

Please refer to the links below the check the exchange server

Resources:

Monitoring High Availability and Site Resilience

Event ID 1069 — Clustered Service or Application Availability

A

admin555

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions. After running the cluster validation I found that I had a problem with the second nic on exch2. This is the nic used as network 2 in the cluster network. It was missing a gateway ip address. I believe a third party software that was installed on the exch2 server removed the gateway duing it's installation. After adding the gateway and rebooting the exch2 server the resource came back online on it own this time. I still need to do some more failover testing during the next maintenance window, but I think my problem is solved. I will report back and mark the question as answered after testing.

Another question, should OWA failover for internal users as well? I know it will not for external users since we do not have a CAS array.

Thanks.

T

TWHarrington

For OWA to failover, you will need to set up load balancing for your CAS servers (either windows network LB or hardware LB). I noticed in the original post that you mention 2 servers in a DAG. If this is the case and have the CAS role installed on both servers, you would need a hardware load balancer to make OWA (and other CAS services) high available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Cluster IP failed and Cluster Network Name is not online Exchange Server Administration 17
S Cluster Name failed to update the DNS record Exchange Server Administration 2
S Unable to add nodes in windows server 2008 failover cluster Exchange Server Administration 2
M Rename CCR 2007 Cluster Exchange Server Administration 1
S automate save the .xlxs file to share Network Using Outlook 1
W Save Outlook attachment in network folder and rename to current date and time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 18
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
B Macro to manually move selected emails to network folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Make Enter Network Password Prompt Go Away Automatically Using Outlook 0
A Capture network traffic in IE to file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky Enter Network Password Dialog Keeps Popping Up New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Jessica .msg file saved in network drive appearing in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
J Automatically Move Old Items from a Shared Mailbox to a .PST on a Network Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
nathandavies How to save emails to a specific folder on a network automatically using a macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
Fozzie Bear Wishlist To be able to add a local folder or network share location in foldern view Outlook Wishlist 1
S VBA to identify a specific email and copy the attachment from it to the network Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Automatically save attachment to network folder Exchange Server Administration 1
G Enter Network Password box pops up every few seconds Using Outlook 2
J Joint mail folders over network and archiving Using Outlook 1
B Outlook network password problem. Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 2010 network printing problems Using Outlook 4
E Can't print from Outlook on wifi network Using Outlook 0
W New Problem using Outlook over network Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook 2007 not closing network connections with RSS feeds Using Outlook 1
R Limiting Outlook Access to Inside Network Only Exchange Server Administration 1
A Problems with moving msg files to network folder Using Outlook 3
R Rules and Alerts not sending emails to "outside Network" emails Using Outlook 1
E prompting for "Enter Network Password" Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007: "Enter Network Password" Pop-ups Using Outlook 22
V Saving Multiple Network Passwords Using Outlook 0
A Network Permissions for sharing calenders between exchange severs Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 - Save outgoing attachments to network drive on sending? Using Outlook 1
R Create a network PST file with office customization tool office 2010 Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2010 - Your network adapter does not have a default gateway. Using Outlook 1
B Jetstess failes with "Error: Faulty performance counter paths: \Network Interface()\. " on Windows Exchange Server Administration 2
W Attachment delay issue for listing network files Using Outlook 1
S DAG with Single Network Card Exchange Server Administration 8
A Windows network password Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Requests for Network Password every Send/Receive cycle Using Outlook 2
Y MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2007 - i KEEP GETTING THE "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD" BOX POPPING UP - IT IS ALREADY Using Outlook 4
E Enter Network Password prompt does not accept my password Using Outlook 4
R Annoying Pop-Up: "Enter Network Password" Using Outlook 1
1 saving of email attachment to network drives Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 unable to use mail when in home wireless network. Using Outlook 3
N Problems accessing network files via OWA Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2007 Journal not recording network files consistently Using Outlook 4
C Save Outlook 2003 template on shared network drive Using Outlook 2
B Calendar sharing is not working from Outlook Anywhere outside the Network Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 not opening embedded network links Using Outlook 1
P Trying to migrate email from PST to Hotmail; large emails break the connector with 'Network operation failed' Using Outlook 3