groups: exchange users, servers, legacy servers

----

custom:

default:

port:25

authentication: TLS

groups: anonymous

----

is there is something wrong with this configuration? because i receive mails addressed to outside recipient or blank recipient

like:

To: <Sales@confiance-eg.com>
Content-Type: multipart/related;

and

To:
Subject: Good

and i test the open relay on my server "http://verify.abuse.net/cgi-bin/relaytest"

and it say
Relay test 6

<tt>>>> RSET</tt>
<tt><<< 250 2.0.0 Resetting</tt>
<tt>>>> MAIL FROM:<spamtest@mydomain.com></tt>
<tt><<< 250 2.1.0 Sender OK</tt>
<tt>>>> RCPT TO:<securitytest%abuse.net@mydomain.com></tt>
<tt><<< 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK</tt>

Hmmn, at first glance, host appeared to accept a message for relay.

THIS MAY OR MAY NOT MEAN THAT IT'S AN OPEN RELAY.

R

ronnypot

Hi,

What Ip addresses have you configured for the anonymous connector?

Regards Ronny

L

Leif Pedersen [MVP]

Hi,

The above does not tell you that your server is an open relay.

The mails you receive could be for you - you are just addressed in the CC or in the BCC filed.

You can use another test to make sure that you are not relaying. Use telnet as described here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995718(EXCHG.65).aspx

Send an e-mail from another company to yet another company and see if you are allowed to do this - if you are allowed you are relaying.

Leif

D

douha-it

THANKS ALL,

i use internal ip for this connector "my server published through ISA"

for the telnet i run cmd

>telnet

>set localecho

>EHLO yahoo.com

MAIL FROM:<medhat_mamdouh16@yahoo.com>
500 5.5.1 Unrecognized command
MAIL FROM:<sender@domain.com>
250 2.1.0 Sender OK
RCPT TO:<recipient@remotedomain.com>
550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

why telnet doesn't accept the first order and accept the second?

is this the only way to test open relay?

if i delete the anonymous connector is it mean that i would not receive mail from external server like yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc?

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

why telnet doesn't accept the first order and accept the second?

500 5.5.1 Unrecognized command.

It happens if you typed the wrong command. For example, you mistyped "MAILFROM" and it is a wrong command. So you use "Backspace" key to delete the wrong command and type in the new one. This will also cause the error "500 5.5.1 Unrecognized command." You must start a new line to input the command.
is this the only way to test open relay?

You can use a relay tool to test it. Please download it from my skydrive:

http://cid-2d68430fc8d84837.office.live.com/self.aspx/Tools/Relay.exe

In the Recipient section, please type in your external mail address such as hotmail. If you can receive the mail, your exchange server should be opened for relaying.

if i delete the anonymous connector is it mean that i would not receive mail from external server like yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc?

Yes. If your exchange server is facing Internet, you must have the anonymous connector to receive the Internet mails.

D

douha-it

thanks all,

i used the tool"relay.exe" and i didn't receive the mail on my external mail

my exchange server is 1 server behind ISA and without edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2003 does not send or receive imap mail from server Using Outlook 0
G 'The Server does not support a SSL conncetion' Mail client with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 9
F Outlook 2010 contact e-mail Display as: does not show contact name Using Outlook 2
J Yahoo mail box does not open when I have oulook 2007 opend. Using Outlook 1
F Show as Conversations does not work for hotmail/live mail account Using Outlook 3
N WINDOWNS LIVE SETTINGS / ADVANCED / REPLY E-MAIL (does not reply to email selected) Using Outlook 3
P MS Outlook 2007 sends email OK. Receives junk mail in junk folder OK. Does not not load received ma Using Outlook 1
D Sending mail from an IMAP account does not store sent mail on the correct folder Using Outlook 1
M when I try to send e-mail it does not show send button Using Outlook 2
B MobileMe sync does mail and address book, but, does not move contacts from Outlook to MobileMe Using Outlook 1
J OUTLOOK 2010 Does not check E-mail when off-line Using Outlook 7
M In Outlook 2010, upon deleting an open e-mail, the next e-mail does not open automatically in full s Using Outlook 2
C Linking e-mail messages to Business Contact Manager records does not save the attachments in the ema Using Outlook 1
C Where does the sent mail in outlook 2010 go to? Using Outlook 1
N I can't change from Outlook to Yahoo! Mail as my default. Yahoo! Mail does not show up in the Intern Using Outlook 1
D Blackberry does not receive internal outlook mail Using Outlook 1
D Mail merge to create labels for Outlook contacts DOES NOT WORK Using Outlook 3
M Mail search does not work Using Outlook 4
B My sent mail does not appear in the 'Sent Items' until the next day. Have tried turning off my computer and turning it back on but that doe Using Outlook 2
G What does 'received' mean in E-Mail properties box? Using Outlook 2
T incoming Mail does not go to inbox Using Outlook 1
T How do you automatically transfer AOL calendar information, like outlook does for aol mail and their addresses Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2007 does not refresh view when moving mail to a folder Using Outlook 1
T Win 7: Control Panel Mail Icon does not work Using Outlook 5
P Outlook 2010: POP3 Gmail does not send mail. Using Outlook 2
D Using the POP 3 forwarding from Gmail to outlook I can receive mail into outlook but get a sending error Outgoing SMTP does not support SSL secured Using Outlook 2
L Import/Export of Contacts from/to Excel does not import E-Mail addresses Using Outlook 2
S New 2007 Mailbox in mixed 2007 2010 environment does not receive external mail messages Exchange Server Administration 2
J Order InBox by any heading - From - Typing From name does not work (no results)- Order Sent Mail by To works. Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2010: Options: Mail: Signatures does not work Using Outlook 20
S Blank emails (no body/no sender) delivered to InBox and Junk Mail. Does not interefere with solicited mail; takes up storage space. Using Outlook 2
J Why does Outlook not allow search folders for All Mailboxes (ALL unread email) like Windows Live Mail Using Outlook 5
N E-mail link does not open Using Outlook 3
S Send to Mail Recipient does not work in Windows 7 and Office Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 2
A outlook 2007 does not send e-mail under windows 7 Using Outlook 12
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Deleting attachments does not reduce file size Using Outlook 0
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Does not Shutdown Correctly Using Outlook 3
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
G Entered data in custom field goes in card and does not stay in list view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Rupert Dragwater Email flag does not show up in Outlook2013 Using Outlook 13
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A BCM does not work anymore! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1