Re: Exchange 2007 and CAS from Exchange 2010 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian Day MCITP

May I suggest giving this article a read through? It describes proxying and redirection in Exchange 2010 depeding on what server the user's mailbox is still located on.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310763.aspx

Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

I

Igor L. Kravchenko

It works. Thank you for your help. One more problem.

ActiveSync does not work now. Any ideas how to fix it. I did not test it before. Was busy with OWA.

I changed External URL setting on the ActiveSync 2007. What else should I do?

Thank you.

B

Brian Day MCITP

What kind of devices?

Try the ActiveSync tests on http://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com
Make sure whatever users aren't working have security inheritence enabled in AD on their account.
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

I

Igor L. Kravchenko

Thank you for your reply. I tested and it shows that everything is OK but it does not forward to Exchange 2007 server. It shows that everything is OK and shows IP for Exchange 2010.

How to enable inheritence in AD?

Thank you.

I

Igor L. Kravchenko

I rerun the test again and it seems that it works for older server. Not sure why would not it work for my phone?

Thank you.

B

Brian Day MCITP

What kind of device is it?

Is your user account with the mailbox a member of anything like Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, etc....?

MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

B

Brian Day MCITP

......and the device type? This is really important, I wouldn't ask 3 times just for fun. :) :)Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA

M

Mitesh Gosar

You need to specify External URL on Ex2007 ActiveSync and set Integrated Windows authentication on Ex2007 ActiveSync Virtual directory.

- Mitesh Gosar | Skype:Mitesh.Gosar

B

Brian Day MCITP

Ok thanks. :) There are known issues with Droids connecting to Exchange 2010; what version of the Andriod OS is it running? It seemed most prevalent in 2.1, but I've also seen issues reported with with 2.2 as well.

Do you currently have an ActiveSync policy that requires anything like complex passwords, password history? I ask becuase of thise post;

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9426 " We only support the basic (EAS 2.5) features in Froyo. So if your server requires, for example, password history or expiration, or complex characters, then it won't be provisionable in Froyo. Our goal is to provide more policy support in future versions, but for now we support - password (PIN/alpha), minimum characters, max. fails to wipe, inactivity timeout, an remote wipe."

While I cannot advocate any particular 3rd party softtware package, Motorola device users may want to check out this post if 2.2 isn't available for your device yet; https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/203103#203103

First make sure your account has security inheritence enabled. In Active Directory Users and Computers turn on " Advanced Features" under the View menu. Then go to the properties of your account, go to the security tab, click the Advanced button, and make sure the Inheritence checkbox is turned on. Once you make sure this is turned on, if things still aren't working you may want to contact your device manufacture or cell provider to find out if there are any updates for your device.

Do you have any non-Droid devices you can test with? If the www.testexchangeconnectivity.com site works with your user account then it is probably a device related issue.
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

I

Igor L. Kravchenko

I use HTC Incredible Droid, not Motorola. Firmware is 2.2.

I enabled Integrated Windows Authentication on the Virtual Directory and enabled security ingeritence. Still the same problem.

I tested another device and it works. Does it mean that I will have problem with different devices? What can I do about this?

Thank you.

I

Igor L. Kravchenko

Sorry, forgot to say. We do not use any additional security, like enforce passwords, etc.....

I

Igor L. Kravchenko

I recreacted Active Sync Virtual Directory on Exchange 2007 server and all of my devices work.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.