DAG problem - I´m not able to recover database

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiří Janata

DAG problem - I´m not able to recover database

Hi,

I had 3 exchange servers. 2 Mailbox servers (with DAG) and 1 CAS + Hub server. One DAG member has failed and my DAG is now not working. If I want to make, database copy on second server, mark as active, I only see, that database is failed (and on first server is Service Down). So, what can I do? Thank you very much.

M

Mitesh Gosar

Re: DAG problem - I´m not able to recover database

any error in Eventlogs? All Exchange Services are running? File Witness Server is running?

- Mitesh Gosar | Skype:Mitesh.Gosar

J

Jiří Janata

Hi,

My first database server has failed. I have now only second database server and CAS+HUB server. On first database server was active database copy and now, I´m not able to activate second database copy, because if I use script for make database active, I will see message, that content index is in a failed state.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

1. Make sure the the Witness server is running.

2. Open Failover Clust Manger, please check if the cluster is online.

3. Restart the MSExchange Search service.
4. Run update-mailboxdatabasecopy -catalogonly for the passive database.

J

Jiří Janata

Hi,

Witness server is running.

Cluster is online (only one node is active. second is failed..)

restart MSExchange Search service - ok

if I run update-mailboxdatabasecopy -catalogonly I see this:

A source-side operation failed. Error An error occurred while running prerequisite checks. Error: A source-side operation failed. Error An error occurred while running prerequisite checks. Error: Service 'Microsoft Exchange Search' doesn't appear to be running on server 'EXCHANGEDB1'. Please verify that the server is operating, and that services can be queried remotely... [Database: Mailbox Database 1111212610, Server: EXCHANGEDB2.contoso.local]
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Mailbox Database 1111212610:String) [Update-MailboxDatabaseCopy], See dPrepareException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : BAB01148,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.UpdateDatabaseCopy

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

If you only have one copy of the databse available, then you can't use update-mailboxdatabasecopy to reseed.

Have you tried activiating that passive copy with to skip the index check?

Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase <yourdatabse> -SkipClientExperienceChecks

J

Jiří Janata

I had run this:

move-activemailboxdatabase " Mailbox Database 1111212610" -skipclientexperiencechecks -activateonserver exchangedb2

and I give this error...

Error: The database action failed. Error: An error occurred while trying to validate the specified database copy for possible activation. Error: Database copy 'Mailbox Database 1111212610' on server 'EXCHANGEDB2.contoso.local' has a copy queue length of 9223372036854774840 logs, which is too high to enable automatic recovery. You can use the Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase cmdlet with the -SkipLagChecks and -MountDialOverride parameters to move the database with loss. If the database isn't mounted after successfully running Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase, use the Mount-Database cmdlet to mount the database. [Database: Mailbox Database 1111212610, Server: exchangedb2.contoso.local
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (Mailbox Database 1111212610:ADObjectId) [Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase],
AmDbActionWrapperException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : E87B17D3,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.MoveActiveMailboxDatabas
e

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

I would try what the error suggests:
You can use the Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase cmdlet with the -SkipLagChecks and -MountDialOverride parameters to move the database with loss. If the database isn't mounted after successfully running Move-ActiveMailboxDatabase, use the Mount-Database cmdlet to mount the database. [Database: Mailbox Database 1111212610, Server: exchangedb2.contoso.local

(Why is the first server still down? Are you unable to bring it back up?)

J

Jiří Janata

You are GOD!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!

move-activemailboxdatabase " Mailbox Database 1111212610" -skipclientexperiencechecks -activateonserver exchangedb2 -MountDialOverride:BestEffort -SkipLagChecks

J

Jiří Janata

My first server was in Hyper-V, and your VHD was on failed RAID array...

Status
Not open for further replies.