Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: Events occurring every 30mins. GUID doesn't exi

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Byron Twilley

I have a Exchange 2010 environment that was migrated from 2003. I get the above error message every 30 mins on four Mailbox GUID's that don't exist in AD. I'm not sure how to search on them in Exchange 2010 and don't know how to get rid of these errors. Can some one assist?

B

Byron Twilley

Thanks for the quick reply. I have run the two GUID find utilities that you suggested, but unfortunately they don't return any results. As I said in the original post " GUID's that don't exist in AD" . LDP and ADfind can't find these GUID's. I'm not sure why Exchange is looking for these GUID's that don't exist and how to stop it searching for them.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Do these mailboxes have online archives? Are you at RTM or SP1 for Exch 2010?

B

Byron Twilley

these mailboxes don't exist therefore they don't have archives. i'm on rtm rollup 4.

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Byron,
How about use the cmdlet get-mailbox -identity GUID
I would reconnect the mailbox and move the mailbox to other DG to make a test.
And I also want to verify some information:
1. Did you migrate your exchange from a exchange 2003 , and are they the different forest
2. How many diffenet GUID appear in the event, are they all different or always the same one
Regards!
Gavin

B

Byron Twilley

The " get-mailbox -identity GUID" cmdlet doesn't retrieve any results for the four GUID's that are having the error.

1. We did migrate from Exchange 2003 , but the mirgration stayed with in the same forrest.

2. There are four GUID's that appear every 30 mins that are always the same.

I have a feeling they may be system accounts from the exchange 2003 environment that weren't migrated across?

Status
Not open for further replies.