Single Mailbox settings getting over ruled by server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hi-Def_PCs

I am a customer service professional in a service organization. I must send Word and PDF documents to customers I serve. Since May (when Exchange 2010 was installed) my attachments to GroupWise customers arrive renamed " tnef.001" , where the number increases with the number of attachments in the same e-mail. This was not an issue before in Exchange 2007, because tnef was off, as evidenced by Outlook voting buttons not working. My attempts to send as plain text still result in tnef.001 attachments. Exchange Server is over riding my settings. Our IS dept. refuses to set e-mail leaving our domain to tnef off (the simple solution).
Is there a way to allow single designated mailboxes to send with tnef off?
Might Exchange 2010 allow exceptions on a single sending mailbox basis?

M

MaliStane

If you use Outlook, you can set, that mail send to specific recipient contact in Outlook, or contact in Exchange is sent as TXT. And test massage.

H

Hi-Def_PCs

My plain text message tests still result in the attachments arriving renamed tnef.001. The Exchange Server is over ruling my client settings. I ask the single mailbox allowance question to find out if I could convice IS that only one mailbox would be " insecure" if they allow only the one I use for my customers. They have set the default to on for all mail. Their reason is security, but I can find no issue on the Internet supporting this claim. Please see my other post, " Is NOT using TNEF a security risk?" .Jeff @ Hi-Def_PCs

M

MaliStane

Status
Not open for further replies.