error #550 related to BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Gober

My Exchange 2010 users receive an NDR when trying to email customer account contact info from within BCM. The NDR contains the below error. We have discovered that customer accounts without a company logo do not recive an NDR and the email goes through without any problem.

#550 5.6.0 M2MCVT.StorageError; storage error in content conversion ##

Has anyone seen this error in Exhange 2010?

Lee Gober

S

Steve Goodman

Do messages sent by those clients with that logo pasted in also generate NDRs?

Have you tried diabling the local AV on the client and re-adding a clean copy of that logo?

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

L

Lee Gober

Yes, I have tried disabling AV client which did not help. The contacts in Business Contact Manager that have a logo attached generate an NDR when the Outlook user attempts to email the contact using Outlook format. However, the email goes through if there is no logo attached to that particular contact in BCM. Any Outlook user that tries to email the contact from within BCM gets the NDR. There are over 600 contacts in the Business Contact Manger database with logos attached and all of them cause the NDR. One strange thing is that today the NDRs have a different error than yesterday: #554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt message content ##

Lee

Lee Gober

S

Steve Goodman

Hi Lee,

The next step, I believe, would be to look at tracing the content conversation stage. You'll need to configure this against the teansport servers that may process the message and it should give you a little more insight into the issue. It is something that should not be left configured after troubleshooting:

Content Conversion Tracing

Steve

Steve Goodman

L

Lee Gober

Thanks Steve, I will try that. Also, I am going to install Exchange 2010 SP1 this weekend.

Lee

Lee Gober

S

Steve Goodman

Let us know how you go with the tracing then, hopefully it will give you some further clues to the cause.. And good luck with the SP1 install; If you haven't already I would recommend reading up as much as you can, and if you have the chance run ExBPA beforehand to identifiy any obvious issues.

Steve

Steve Goodman

L

Lee Gober

Steve,

Due to my inexperience, I am having a little trouble enabling Content Conversion Tracing. I know it is done with the Set-TransportServer cmdlet in the Exchange Mangement Shell, but I am having trouble with the syntax. Could you give me the specific command I would use for this?

Thanks so much.

Lee

Lee Gober

S

Steve Goodman

Hi Lee,

It should be

Set-TransportServer {Name} -ContentConversionTracingEnable:$true

If you need to know the names, use Get-TransportServer to get a list.

The failed messages should be stored in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\TransportRoles\Logs\PipelineTracing in a sub-folder.

Steve

Steve Goodman

L

Lee Gober

Thanks, Steve. I plan to install SP1 for Exch 2010 this coming Sudnay night and will let you know if that fixes the problem. Thanks so much for your help.

Lee

Lee Gober

Status
Not open for further replies.