Outlook closes with the following error

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manoj.k

I have a client who cannot open outlook on one of their PCs. The error we receive when opening outlook is:
Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file.

B

Busbar [MVP]

S

Suhail.Pir

So here's how to fix that.
In short, you need to tell the MAPI profile to prompt for your credentials, so that you get authorized by the Exchange Server properly.

Go to Control Panel -> (View 32-bit Control Panel items, if you are on 64bit) -> Mail

Got to your profile that is suppose to connect to this customers Exchange Server and select " Always prompt for logon credentials" .

Now, when you start Outlook you will have to enter your domain\Username credentials and password.

Here are the steps:

1. Start the Control Panel Mail applet

2. Select the MAPI profile and click properties.

3. Click on E-mail Accounts.

4. Select the Exchange Server account and click on Change.

5. Click on More Settings.

6. Select the Security tab and check the Always prompt for logon credentials.

Done. That should do it.

Regards Shah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 no longer runs. When I open Outlook, I get three error messages, then it closes down an Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 Closes the Window When I Click "Next Item" (Down Arrow) Using Outlook 2
S Closing outlook closes all the windows of email which are opened. Using Outlook 1
M Eliminate bug that closes my Outlook Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 closes when icon clicked__ Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2010 won't re-open (or rather, never really closes) in Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
O Outlook opens then closes after few seconds Using Outlook 7
P Outlook 2010 stops working and closes when importing data to Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 closes on its own Using Outlook 1
M Outlook closes when I open certain emails Using Outlook 1
R Re: Outlook 2007 startes to open and closes immediatatly Using Outlook 1
G opening attachments from an email closes the program and restarts outlook 90% of the time Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2000 opens normally but then closes within 5 seconds Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2000 opens normally but then closes within 5 seconds Using Outlook 4
T Outlook closes unexpectedly upon accessing another user's calendar Using Outlook 1
B Can't open Outlook. Get an error message and it closes. Using Outlook 2
K Outlook closes as soon as it opens on its own Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2010 stops, closes and reopens - no error message Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007: When minimizing it, the icon disapears from the task bar as if it closes the program Using Outlook 2
M outlook closes when opening email Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 closes when I delete 'reminders' AND Contacts missing after syncing with iTouch Using Outlook 1
F Outlook emails stay in outbox and do not get sent, just upgraded from trial to 2010, error message closes too fast to read? Using Outlook 1
B When I click on Send/Receive, Outlook reports error code 0x00000e50 and closes. Using Outlook 17
D Outlook 2010. open an e-mail and error message closes outlook. open the same message a second time and it works fine. this occurs with 50% of e-mails Using Outlook 0
S Outlook closes and open when moving e-mail Using Outlook 0
A Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook then closes down Using Outlook 2
D Minimize Closes my Outlook Windows Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 beta closes and restarts when moving between mail messages Using Outlook 22
D Outlook 2003 Saving into a textbox when form closes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A Oulook 2007/2003 with Outlook Connector Never Closes properly .. Using Outlook 5
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 2
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1