Ex2010: Edge Sync / SynStatus Inconclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gomjaba2008

This is quite random. I tried to re-subscribe, re-create etc. etc. and I can't see what this is happening. Here on the HubTransport server

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Start-EdgeSynchronization RunspaceId : c6286489-790b-44d5-ace5-61a364a5bf6b Result : Success Type : Recipients Name : edge FailureDetails : StartUTC : 08/12/2010 01:22:36 EndUTC : 08/12/2010 01:22:39 Added : 0 Deleted : 0 Updated : 0 Scanned : 0 TargetScanned : 0 RunspaceId : c6286489-790b-44d5-ace5-61a364a5bf6b Result : Success Type : Configuration Name : edge FailureDetails : StartUTC : 08/12/2010 01:22:36 EndUTC : 08/12/2010 01:22:39 Added : 0 Deleted : 0 Updated : 0 Scanned : 0 TargetScanned : 0

Looks good. Now a normal test

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-EdgeSynchronization RunspaceId : c6286489-790b-44d5-ace5-61a364a5bf6b SyncStatus : Normal UtcNow : 08/12/2010 01:24:46 Name : edge LeaseHolder : CN=MAIL,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Admin LeaseType : Option FailureDetail : LeaseExpiryUtc : 08/12/2010 01:52:39 LastSynchronizedUtc : 08/12/2010 01:22:39 TransportServerStatus : Skipped TransportConfigStatus : Skipped AcceptedDomainStatus : Skipped RemoteDomainStatus : Skipped SendConnectorStatus : Skipped MessageClassificationStatus : Skipped RecipientStatus : Skipped CredentialRecords : Number of credentials 3 CookieRecords : Number of cookies 2

Looks good too. But testing a specific mailbox gives me the 'inconclusive' error

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-EdgeSynchronization -VerifyRecipient xxx@xxx.com RunspaceId : c6286489-790b-44d5-ace5-61a364a5bf6b SyncStatus : Inconclusive UtcNow : 08/12/2010 01:25:37 Name : edge LeaseHolder : CN=MAIL,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group LeaseType : Option FailureDetail : LeaseExpiryUtc : 08/12/2010 01:52:39 LastSynchronizedUtc : 08/12/2010 01:22:39 TransportServerStatus : Skipped TransportConfigStatus : Skipped AcceptedDomainStatus : Skipped RemoteDomainStatus : Skipped SendConnectorStatus : Skipped MessageClassificationStatus : Skipped RecipientStatus : Synchronized CredentialRecords : Number of credentials 3 CookieRecords : Number of cookies 2
The only two hits on google was to either re-subscribe (done that) and also missing product keys (all fully licensed). Even the Eventlog is as clean as you want it to be
(LeaseHolder lines have been shortened on purpose)

G

Gomjaba2008

Hi Gomjaba,

Any updates on your issue?

Hiya,

before I posted here I found the exact thread as solution which did not work for me. I have re-suscribed but had the same. I have tried to create a certificate but it didn't work either.

I have reinstalled the Edge server with no luck.

Am I supposed to install the SAN certificate from the Hubtransport server on the Edge server or is it / can it use a self signed certificate ?

G

Gomjaba2008

Hi Gomjaba,

Any updates on your issue?

Hi Frank,

I have now

1. Created a new certificate on the edge server

2. Re-subscribed

= no go. Still inconclusive

I then even imported the SAN certificate from the Hubtransport server to the edge server and again tried to re-subscribe without any luck. I still get inconclusive when trying to verify a receipient but all other tests are fine.

Do you have any other suggestions ? I really need to get this fixed :(

F

Frank.Wang

Hi Gomjaba,

I test it in my lab, same result with yours.

I research it again. If you run Test-EdgeSynchronization -VerifyRecipient xxx@xxx.com, you should check the result

RecipientStatus : Synchronized as it is a recipient test.

And if you test a non existed user, you will get the RecipientStatus : NotSynchronized-Recipient doesn't exist in source AD.

So you can ingore the SyncStatus : Inconclusive.

By the way, you don't need to import HUB's certificate to EDGE server.

G

Gomjaba2008

Hi Gomjaba,

I test it in my lab, same result with yours.

I research it again. If you run Test-EdgeSynchronization -VerifyRecipient xxx@xxx.com, you should check the result

RecipientStatus : Synchronized as it is a recipient test.

And if you test a non existed user, you will get the RecipientStatus : NotSynchronized-Recipient doesn't exist in source AD.

So you can ingore the SyncStatus : Inconclusive.

By the way, you don't need to import HUB's certificate to EDGE server.

Hiya,

thank you very much Frank for testing this yourself as well. Importing the SAN certificate was a desperate attempt lol

Being microsoft partner we had quite a few tickets left anyway so I just opened a ticket and went through some tests with the technician. He also confirmed that this is expected as the Edge server syncronizes the changes every 5 minutes so it will always be inconclusive.

He also tested the Edge server, sending emails back and forth etc. and it is all working as expected so I am now a bit more comfortable in putting the server into production.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.