outlook 2003 Free Busy and public folde replica move

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

piloteight

Hi,

I have a very strange free busy problem. currently transitioning from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010. All exchange 2003 users have been moved to exchange 2010 RU2 . I have users using outlook 2003 are unable to view free busy on some users, when trying to schedule a meeting, the organizer is seeing \\\\ no information available. It so happen these uses with no free busy information happens to be Mac users. outlook 2003 users can view other outlook users free busy, but can't view free busy of Mac users. However, when using outlook 2007, the organizer see the free busy info of these Mac users.. OWA is also fine. outlook 2003 is sp3. I am in the process of moving the Public folder replica/hierachy to exchange 2010 so I can began decommissioning exchange 2003. The public folder instances are not clean after 4 days. Don't know if this is causing the problem or not. Please advise.

raymond

J

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

Can you see if the public folders have been replicated to the new server successfully?

Make sure you don't have any smarthost configured on the default smtp virtual server, that can interrupt you from replicate them successfully

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Please ensure all the user's replica of the free/busy have moved to the Exchange 2010. You can check the information in Public Folder.

Outlook 2003 uses Public Folder to locate the user's free/busy, so the free/busy have to be updated under SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY.

For this issue, I suspect the problematic user's free/busy was not moved into the Exchange 2010, even not update. Please find one of the Mac user's client, set the proper time of free/busy interval.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

G

Gulab Mallah

Agree, double check if you have the replica of old server on 2010 and replication is completed successfully.

Outlook 2003 clients will use Public Folders for FB and 2007-2010 will user Autodiscover.

Gulab | Skype: gulab.mallah

P

piloteight

Hi,

How do I find out if the public folder replica is successful or not. Is there a cmdlet I can run to show this ? I am transitioning from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010.

thanks!

ray

G

Gulab Mallah

EMC--->Toolbox...>Public Folder Management Console...>System Public Folders...>Right click and properties on Schedule + FreeBusy and check the contentGulab | Skype: gulab.mallah

A

Allen Song

Hi,

To confirm whether there is something with the replication of the replica, you can check the Application Event Log. Additionally, you can use Gulab's methods to confirm whether you can find the problematic user's entry (free/busy).

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

P

piloteight

HI,

I did the following:

>System Public Folders...>Right click and properties on Schedule + FreeBusy, right click on properties of

the following folders.

EX:/o=INFOBLOX/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)

there are 250 total items, and 254KB.

EX:/o=INFOBLOX/ou=First Administrative Group

there are 409 total items, and 312 KB size.

So does this mean I have contents and is working correctly?

thanks!

raymond

A

Allen Song

Hi,

We cannot use this method to confirm the Public Folder working Status.

You can use PFDAVAdmin or MFCMAPI tool to view the contents of the SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY, then please find the problematic user's free/busy in the Items.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

P

piloteight

HI,

I am not familiar with pfdavamin or mfcmapi, could you provide instructions on how to use this tools.

thanks!

raymond

A

Allen Song

Hi,

You can first download the PFDAVAdmin, then install it on the Mailbox Server, double click it and click File menu, select Connect, input the Exchange server and GC name, check " Authenticate as currently logged-on user" ption, select Public Folders, click OK button, expand System Folders, expand SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY, highlight EX:/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT), click Items Tab in the right panel. You will see the entries of the each user.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.