Exchange 2010 Pipeline Tracing Producing No Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justin22

Hi,

I have enabled pipeline tracing on my exchange 2010 server but I am getting any files even though I have received a number of emails. I have followed the instructions in the following technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125018.aspx and enabled the tracing for all emails, i.e. Set-TransportServer <Server> -PipelineTracingSenderAddress " <>"

I have restarted the Information Store and Transport layer, I have changed the default directory (using the -PipelineTracingPath command), also ensure that the relevant permissions have been set, i.e. Network Service, System, Administrator all have full control.

I have danced around the camp fire and prayed on a full moon but still no files .... I have checked the default location \Program Files\Exchange\V14\TransportRoles\Logs but still no files ....

Any help with this issue would be really appreciated, I found another technet post with someone who had the same problem and it was advised to turn on -ContentConversionTracingEnabled which I have done as well.

Thanks for your time .....

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

You also need to enable pipeline tracing logging in server:

Set-TransportServer -identity Server1 -pipelineTrackingEnabled:$true

Then restart transport service.

J

justin22

Sorry about the delay

I have done this but still not working, here is the information I have put into the Exchange Shell

Set-TransportServer -Identity <Server> -PipelineTracingSenderAddress " <>"

Set-TransportServer -Identity <Server> -PipelineTracingPath " C:\mailinfo"

Set-TransportServer -Identity <Server> -PipelineTracingEnabled $True
I have then restarted the Transport service and the server but still no output ......

Status
Not open for further replies.