OWA 2010 Windows Integrated Auth for Internal - FBA or NTLM for External Published

• Thread starter smurfman
  • Start date Views 1,615
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smurfman

In a similar thread (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ForefrontedgePub/thread/0815d184-263b-4114-825a-ec6198bb8fd2 ) Jason mentions using Integrated auth for internal Exchange users, and publish using NTLM.

" Instead of FBA, you could use Windows integrated on Exchange and provide transparent OWA auth for domain joined machines this way. Then configure your OWA publishing rules to use NTLM or KCD delegation..."

My question is this - by the sounds of this suggestion - it is exactly what I would like to do - trying to find some KBs or doc on how I would accomplish this - how can I do it?

Basically - I want my internal users to just log in automatically when they are on the domain for OWA and once I am at the point of publishing thru TMG 2010, I want the authentication to be in place.

Looking for some ideas and suggestions.

THanks

J

B

Brian Desmond -MVP-

Hi-

You're not going to be able to have FBA and/or NTLM for the externally published service so you'll have to pick one. If you want NTLM externally just publish the service directly in TMG and select the option to let clients authenticate directly. If you want FBA externally, TMG can do FBA for you and then delegate back to OWA.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

S

smurfman

Thanks Brian, any KBs I could use as a guide?

I think I prefer FBA for external - it sounds as if what you are saying is TMG once published will present the form - instead of what owa ex2010 has shown already internally.

Other wise - I would just get the plain windows authentication box -

Is one method better than another?

Which one will preserve Windows Authentication on internal? Both?

Thanks

J

Status
Not open for further replies.