Outlook can't connect but OWA works just fine (Recovery Mode Error Message)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IamBLaney

On the back end of a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

2008 R2 Std 64 bit

Outlook 2003 on client machines

OWA works fine

RPC encryption turned off

Error says " Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either work offline, connect to the network, or cancel this logon."

Thanks in advance for the help.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

I would close Outlook, delete the .ost file and re-open outlook to recreate the cache. Does the same thing happen if Outlook is online mode?

I

IamBLaney

Finishing up with MS tech support now. 2 issues 1. 2003 Exchange server from migration was in local security policy>user rights assignment>managed auditing and security. I removed it and replaced with exchange servers group.

2. IPv6 is required on 2007 and 2010 if they are being run as a DC. If 2007 is not a DC you can turn it off. 2010 needs it reguardless.

A big thanks to Aziz in the Exchange Technical Group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
G Connect Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com Exchange Server Administration 1
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
M 0x800CCC15: Outlook 2003 Unable to Connect to ISP after 12/14/2010 Updates Using Outlook 2
1 how to connect my cell phone number with my outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook Anywhere two AD sites recirection or direct connect Exchange Server Administration 1
H Outlook cannot connect with mail server. Using Outlook 1
B After Latest Security Updates Outlook Will Not Connect to IMAP Server Using Outlook 5
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
N Outlook prompts for Password to connect to old Exchange server 2010 Using Outlook 1
T After Windows patches Outlook wont connect Using Outlook 10
V I can't connect to my Exchange account using Outlook for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
H Outlook will not open or connect to my mail server Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook MSRPC over HTTPS proxy does not connect even though RPCPing looks ok Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 2
P Internet Connection is working but Outlook will not connect Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2007: Won't Connect to Comcast Email. Using Outlook 4
E Windows Live Essentials 2011 Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 Unable to connect to Hotmail Serv Using Outlook 2
U Trying to connect the Facebook connector to Outlook 2010 fails Using Outlook 6
B Cannot connect with Outlook 2003/Exchange user through Checkpoint SSL-VPN. Using Outlook 4
G Cannot open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM Using Outlook 12
C "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not connect to db BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M How to connect to SQL DB from outlook programmatically? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Outlook 2003 hung when connect to Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 5
K New Computer-Connect Outlook to existing bigpond mail account? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Connect Outlook Calendar with Hotmail Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
A Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2003 will not connect to Exchange 2003 Using Outlook 22
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
witzker print-list-of-outlook-folders with sort posibility Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
D.Moore VB script to Digitaly Sign newly created outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 0
D Outlook Address Book Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Does Outlook-2016 (64 bit) work with iCloud for Windows ? Using Outlook 4
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23