Outlook can't connect but OWA works just fine (Recovery Mode Error Message)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IamBLaney

On the back end of a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

2008 R2 Std 64 bit

Outlook 2003 on client machines

OWA works fine

RPC encryption turned off

Error says " Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either work offline, connect to the network, or cancel this logon."

Thanks in advance for the help.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

I would close Outlook, delete the .ost file and re-open outlook to recreate the cache. Does the same thing happen if Outlook is online mode?

I

IamBLaney

Finishing up with MS tech support now. 2 issues 1. 2003 Exchange server from migration was in local security policy>user rights assignment>managed auditing and security. I removed it and replaced with exchange servers group.

2. IPv6 is required on 2007 and 2010 if they are being run as a DC. If 2007 is not a DC you can turn it off. 2010 needs it reguardless.

A big thanks to Aziz in the Exchange Technical Group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 - Unable to connect using outlook (OWA fine) Exchange Server Administration 2
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
G Connect Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com Exchange Server Administration 1
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
M 0x800CCC15: Outlook 2003 Unable to Connect to ISP after 12/14/2010 Updates Using Outlook 2
1 how to connect my cell phone number with my outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook Anywhere two AD sites recirection or direct connect Exchange Server Administration 1
H Outlook cannot connect with mail server. Using Outlook 1
B After Latest Security Updates Outlook Will Not Connect to IMAP Server Using Outlook 5
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
N Outlook prompts for Password to connect to old Exchange server 2010 Using Outlook 1
T After Windows patches Outlook wont connect Using Outlook 10
V I can't connect to my Exchange account using Outlook for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
H Outlook will not open or connect to my mail server Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook MSRPC over HTTPS proxy does not connect even though RPCPing looks ok Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 2
P Internet Connection is working but Outlook will not connect Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2007: Won't Connect to Comcast Email. Using Outlook 4
O Multiple users cannot connect to the same mailbox in Outlook Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2003 - Godaddy email cannot connect Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
E Windows Live Essentials 2011 Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 Unable to connect to Hotmail Serv Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Client - "unable to connect to retrieve additional data" for some Distribution lists Exchange Server Administration 7
M Re-Connect Outlook to Exchange Using Outlook 5
C How to Connect to Outlook Internet Using Outlook 2
D Outlook crashes when trying to connect to Exchange, but works fine in safe mode Using Outlook 1
B trying to connect outlook to cox cable to back up files Using Outlook 2
J I receive the following Sending Report Error: 0X80042109 Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing serve Using Outlook 2
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007/Exchange hangs all the time. Can I make it connect to Exchange on demand only? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook can't connect after CasArray Configuration Exchange Server Administration 3
T Sending reported error (0x80042109) outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server __ Using Outlook 4
N Cannot connect Outlook with my Surewest email Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 won't connect to Hotmail. Using Outlook 7
A Outlook 2010 Multiple IMAP accounts connect Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2010 cannot connect to pop.gmail.com on port 995 Using Outlook 6
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
M cannot connect with more then 5 current users to outlook anywhere exchange 2007 Using Outlook 3