exchange 2010 OWA and exchange 2003 coexist

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KirkSH

Ok so i want to setup the redirect for my clients to access OWA whether they are on Exch2010 or exch2003. I know the command " Set-OWAVirtualDirectory <CAS2010>\OWA* -Exchange2003URL https://legacy.contoso.com/exchange " will set the CAS server to redirect the user to exchange 2003 if their mailbox resides on exchange 2003. My question is if i redirect via TMG/ISA and would you need to worry about internal url or external url? Also what if i use a CAS Array do i run this command on each member of this array and is this command possible to do through the Console? Thanks

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

Yes the command above should be correct.

The InternalURL and ExternalURL values should be correct regardless of whether you use TMG as these values will be given by services such as Autodiscover to find services, and for redirection etc.

When you mention CAS Array you may be confusing terms. The CAS array is used as a endpoint for Outlook Clients and provides a MAPI proxy in between the clients and the actual Mailbox servers. But what I think you are asking is which servers to set these values on. Without knowing your topology it's hard to answer, but based on what you have said it sounds like you need to do this against each client access servers' set of IIS web sites (OWA, ECP, OAB, EWS etc).

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.