cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anmn

Hi,

I have an Exchange server 2010 with the hub transport, CAS and mailbox running on it. It is running on Server 2008R2 server, and our AD is also running on server 2008R2. I have created some users, and can connect to those mailboxes via OWA, but I cannot connect via my outlook clients. If I use Auto discover, it will correctly discover the exchange server, however it fails to find the mailbox. I try to manually configure the server, I keep getting prompted to enter credentials, and I know that I am entering in the correct credentials, however it keeps popping up for credentials. If I cancel, it tells me that Outlook cannot logon. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. I can resolve the exchange server via dns, and am joined to the domain. Authenticating successfully on to Windows. Please advise.

S

Saamee

Try doing this and see if it is working

Get-MailboxDatabase -Server maila | Set-MailboxDatabase -RpcClientAccessServer cashub.mydomain.com

S

Sembee [MVP]

Have you configured a CAS array and DNS host? If not then the command given already will be useless to you. Furthermore it shouldn't be necessary, although I do recommend configuring a CAS array to begin with.

Is Outlook 2007 fully patched? Latest service pack? You shouldn't get any authentication credentials, so that would tend to indicate something is wrong. When you look at autodiscover, are all of the URLs correct, and do they resolve to the Exchange server, or to an external host? It is possible that the authentication prompt is not coming from the server you think at all.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
Blog | Exchange Resources

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi annmn,
Sembee gave some good suggestion, any update for your issue?
I want to verify some information:
1. Which version for the outlook, I would make some tests with different versions, and update them.
2. Did you run the EXBPA on the exchange server, I would suggest that you could do it, and confirm whether there are some information
3. Any event log on the server, analyze the it.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
H Outlook cannot connect with mail server. Using Outlook 1
O Multiple users cannot connect to the same mailbox in Outlook Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2003 - Godaddy email cannot connect Using Outlook 2
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
J I receive the following Sending Report Error: 0X80042109 Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing serve Using Outlook 2
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
T Sending reported error (0x80042109) outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server __ Using Outlook 4
N Cannot connect Outlook with my Surewest email Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 cannot connect to pop.gmail.com on port 995 Using Outlook 6
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
M cannot connect with more then 5 current users to outlook anywhere exchange 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Cannot connect Outlook 2010 to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Using Outlook 2
K outlook cannot connect to exchange from outside Exchange Server Administration 5
B Cannot connect with Outlook 2003/Exchange user through Checkpoint SSL-VPN. Using Outlook 4
G Cannot open, add, connect to PST files from Outlook Pro Plus 2010 RTM Using Outlook 12
A Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 Cannot connect to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTP Using Outlook 139
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J BCM 2010 - New user cannot connect to remote DB BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J BCM 2007 Cannot Connect to Shared Database Using Outlook 1
J Cannot connect to IMAP server Using Outlook 1
L I get a send/receive error, cannot connect to the server. Using Outlook 2
A Client cannot connect to Microsoft Exchange but POP3 is ok Exchange Server Administration 9
A cannot access OWA or connect to exchange 2007 via outook. Using Outlook 5
S Exchange 2010 - Out of Office not working - MAC Entourage cannot connect to EWS (Default Web Site) Exchange Server Administration 1
J Cannot connect to Operations Manager Root Management Server Exchange Server Administration 1
W CAnnot connect Using Outlook 1
S EMC 2010 will not connect , EMS 2010 will not connect.... Exchange works but cannot be administered HELP HELP HELP Exchange Server Administration 3
M Cannot connect to Exchange Server. Using Outlook 3
R Shared database greyed out and cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
C Cannot Connect to BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
E Cannot connect to database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3