Post Patch Issues (2008 R2 w/ Exchange 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard-C

We are using Exchange 2010 on an R2 server and just attempted to run the MS Security patches on the MS Exchange server. All other 2008 R2 servers had all patches work with the exception of this 2008 R2 server. After trying to install the Rollup 5 update for exchange 2010 as well as several others the system rebooted and hung on a black screen 'Preparing to configure windows, do not turn off your computer' after waiting at that screen for well over an hour the system finally booted into a login screen where I saw the status of the updates. Notably the Exchange Server 2010 Rollup 5 patch Failed and now all related exchange services will not restart.
any ideas as to correcting this issue?

Additional information: This is a virtual server using HyperV

J

Justin.King

Running Hyper-V ... I guess it's too much to hope for that a snapshot was taken?

That's a pretty ugly one ... service sounds like its hanging on start. The delayed boot may have been the result of a rollback of the failed update so another boot may bring you back ... but I have a feeling you need to get MS on the horn.

N

Neil Hobson

When you say the Exchange services will not restart, do you mean they produce an error when starting or are they all set to disabled? If the latter, you might want to try reinstalling the update rollup.Neil Hobson | Principal Consultant | Silversands | www.silversands.co.uk | www.msexchange.org/neil_hobson | neilhobson.blogspot.com

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Richard-c,
Any update for your issue?
I would reboot the server again, and confirm the services whether could be started. And confirm the newwork interface configured well.
If you have some more information, please post here, we could do more research regarding to your issue.
Regards!
Gavin

R

RichardDuheaume

Hi Richard,

Did you get anywhere. I am having the same problem on a new installation of Windows Svr 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010.

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi
Please follow below and then make a test:
• Stopped and disabled all non-microsoft services through msconfig.
• Rebooted the server.
• Rerun setup.com /prepareAD and setup.com /preparealldomains.
• Checked for updates and first only installed al security updates for windows.
• Then run the update for RU5 from windows updates
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fozzie Bear Cannot post "Sneaky URL"!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
PMR0001 Mydomain Outlook.com and Exchange post EAS Using Outlook 1
W "Post" icon on some contacts Using Outlook 1
wallisellener Unable to reply/post/create new thread using Chrome BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
H Where to post code in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Custom form on one page to post contents on second page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M First post -help with managing two calendars Outlook 2010 /Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 0
B Excel 2010 vba to post appts to different outlook calendars at the same time Using Outlook 6
A Post Form Follow Up Flag Using Outlook 4
A POST customized as a form Using Outlook 2
C How do I share/post my calendar to public folders Exchange Server Administration 3
T OWA and post dating Exchange Server Administration 1
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
B EMC Permissions (Already tried solution in other post) Exchange Server Administration 1
R Post 2010 Migration Public Folder Issues - MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable after Uninstall of Exchan Exchange Server Administration 4
I Post outlook connector installation syndrome - Standby gone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A DAG Mailbox Failover - Client Acces post failover Exchange Server Administration 4
S Accessing Calender information post migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2020 using Outlook2003 client. Exchange Server Administration 4
J Will OSTs need to be re-generated post migration to E2010 for those users already in cached mode? Exchange Server Administration 1
S cross post please read: Exchange Account password prompt in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T Post SP1 installation event log warning re AD issue Exchange Server Administration 10
S Pre SP1 using Managed Folders Policy - Post SP1 what do I do? Retention Policy? Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 SP1 Post Installation issues Exchange Server Administration 13
B Post form into share calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Exchange 2010 - Post Installation Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
R Unable to deactivate Direct Booking - "cannot directly book a resource for this meeting" Post Exchan Using Outlook 19
R Hi, ken, GetState problem again, come in this post please? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Security patch seems to kill vbscript on Enterprise Level Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z Patch / hotfix enable Outlook 2007 to work with Exchange 2010 Archiving Exchange Server Administration 2
M Cant get Exchange 2010 Update Roll up 4 to install. Error: the upgrade patch cannot be installed by Exchange Server Administration 8
L I can not send mail through Outlook 2007. It stopped working after the last Windows security patch for outlook. I can send fine through Explorer and Using Outlook 5
I Is there a patch or fix for saving Calendar items? Using Outlook 1
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
K HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL ISSUES? Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 having issues with 'people search' and not making suggestions in email To: etc Using Outlook 12
Rupert Dragwater Sync Issues (This Computer Only) Using Outlook 8
GregS Sync Issues (only Junkmail) Using Outlook 1
S Sync Issues With My Gmail Account Using Outlook 7
E Imported Contact Issues Using Outlook 11
D Event ID issues Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook.com Sync working, Sync to Android has issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
O Outlook 2016 contact issues Using Outlook 2
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Kris Petorv Calendar issues Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook and iCloud Sync Issues New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Internet Mail Issues with Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Mail Issues with Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0